House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cool_hand

Ed Milliband Completes Rubik Cube

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8291354/Ed-Miliband-I-was-too-square-for-drink-and-drugs.html

Ed Miliband: I was too square for drink and drugs

Ed Miliband has described himself as "a bit square" and said that his greatest talent is being able to complete a Rubik's Cube.

By Anita Singh 7:00AM GMT 31 Jan 2011

The Labour leader also confessed that he was often beaten up in the school playground and listed the three famous women he would take to a desert island as Teri Hatcher, Rachel Weisz and Scarlett Johansson.

The disclosures were made in an often excruciating interview with Piers Morgan for the latest edition of GQ.

Asked what his chosen talent would be if he were to appear on Britain's Got Talent, Mr Miliband replied: "Oh God... er... I used to be good at the Rubik's Cube." No other answer was forthcoming.

On the question of whether he had ever been involved in a fight, the 41-year-old said: "Well, I may have been hit a few times. I went to a tough school." Asked if he remembered the names of the boys who hit him, he said: "I do, actually. But I'm not going to tell you."

He denied ever taking drugs during his years at Oxford University. "I was a bit square," he said. Nor did he indulge in under-age drinking: "I was too square," he insisted, adding that his only brush with the law was a speeding offence.

Submitting to a GQ interview is now a rite of passage for party leaders but can be a minefield - Nick Clegg earned the nickname "Cleggover" after claiming he had slept with up to 30 women.

Mr Miliband refused to answer questions about his own romantic history. "That's the Cleggover question. I'm certainly not getting into that. I'm not going to boast about my sexual prowess, I think that would be a big mistake."

He also appeared uncomfortable when asked about plans to marry Justine Thornton, his partner and mother of his two children.

Mr Miliband was criticised for taking two weeks' paternity leave after the birth of his second son, Samuel, shortly after winning the Labour leadership. "Justine would have killed me, and quite rightly," he said to the suggestion that he should have returned to work earlier.

When Morgan joked, "There's your headline - My Wife's Going To Kill Me, Says Miliband," the Labour leader bristled: "She's not my wife. Thank God for that, probably."

Sensing he had touched a raw nerve, Morgan persisted: "Are you a good husband?"

"I'm not her husband!" Mr Miliband replied.

When he explained that Ms Thornton owned their "relatively expensive" £1.6 million home, Morgan teased: "So you married a millionaire?"

"I'm not married!" replied Mr Miliband.

"So your wife owns the house?"

"She's not my wife!"

He conceded that he would marry eventually "but the more people who challenge me on it from a political standpoint, the more resistant I will become... I get people coming up to me saying they're pleased I'm not married".

Mr Miliband also averred that he would not sack a cabinet member for having an extra-marital affair, and claimed it was "not ideal" that all three party leaders are middle-aged white males.

Relations with his brother, David, have been “difficult” since the Labour leadership election in September and Mr Miliband said standing against him was “the hardest thing I’ve done in my life”.

However, he claimed: “This thing you keep saying about it being his lifelong dream is nonsense. He didn’t sit there at 14 thinking, 'I want to be leader of the Labour Party’.”

He is such a mummy's boy it is untrue.

He was speaking and being shown on the news the other day when wifey made a grab for the wand of power and turned over proclaiming that she just couldn't listen to his voice :lol:

In other news, Expenses scandal as Politician claims for rubiks cube stress buster....but research by the accounts firm De Loveit found that it was a single die.

Sigh - what a total piece of cretinism

GQ ?

Peirs morgan?

Probing questions about the status of his partner?

Politics is dead in the uk, because a significant section of population no longer have the mental capacity to do it

Edited by Stars

Politics is dead in the uk, because a significant section of population no longer have the mental capacity to do it

True - they then go and vote Labour, because their Granddad did, or something. Beats thinking.

Low turnouts could be purely down to these retards staying at home watching Jeremy Kyle.

"Are you a good husband?"

"I'm not her husband!"

"So you married a millionaire?"

"She's not my wife!"

:blink:

Sigh - what a total piece of cretinism

GQ ?

Peirs morgan?

Probing questions about the status of his partner?

watching Aljazeera yesterday and they had a scoop...they found a demonstrator who had spoken to an armey captain

Reporter: what did you find out?

demonstrator: they have been told to use live ammunition if we dont clear the streets.

Reporter: do you think the demonstrators would be hoping they wont use live rounds?

duh

He juth wanth Nathonal Thothalism.

Ith that too muth to ask?

He's playing the long game. He will have his adenoids out just before the General Election campaign and hope that people will spend all their time focusing on his new voice and not what he's saying.

True - they then go and vote Labour, because their Granddad did, or something. Beats thinking.

Yep - either that or they vote conservative. All a bit depressing really

Low turnouts could be purely down to these retards staying at home watching Jeremy Kyle.

Not sure polling turnout is really the issue; rather it is a culturally imbedded intellectual inclination to dress all reality into trivia; to reduce everything to a soap. This is fine if you are talking about the weather, your potting shed or football but it is not appropriate for many things

I think it's going to need knackers being physically crushed before a large portion of UK public pay any attention to reality

"I'm not her husband!"

"She's not my wife!"

gurellia warfare then?

I'd want the "greatest talent" of a potential P.M. to be a great decision making, self sacrificing leader of men,....not some **** that can sold a ( difficult ) toy.

My Rubik Cube record is 32 seconds...should I be PM ?

"I'm not her husband!"

"She's not my wife!"

:blink:

Think she is window dressing and he likes mens bottoms?

I'd want the "greatest talent" of a potential P.M. to be a great decision making, self sacrificing leader of men,....not some **** that can sold a ( difficult ) toy.

My Rubik Cube record is 32 seconds...should I be PM ?

you would have got my vote against blair or brown.

Still, we should be thankfull that mummy's bow isnt PM and simply the leader of the opposition.