House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Mortgages On The Rise - Homeowner Misery To Begin

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Mortgage-rates-rise-despite-tele-3364306783.html?x=0

Victoria Ward, 18:58, Sunday 30 January 2011
Home owners are facing further misery as mortgage lenders push up interest rates and ditch their cheapest deals despite signs that their own borrowing costs are falling.

Bankster bonanza. Low IR to savers and high borrowing costs for borrowers. The sqeeze is on as stubborn sellers realise they have to drop 'em or lose 'em.

i'm worryingly apathetic some days

Cool. Never heard him before. He has a real Lux Interior sound which gets a thumbs up from me.

Edited to add: Oh dear, after googling, how did I miss this guy? Looks like I was asleep in 2003.

Edited by Tiger Woods?

We keep reasding these articles about mortgage rates rising but... we don't appear ot be seeing those desperate to sell...

Perhaps all those who bought in 2005/06 will be coing to the end of their 5 year fixed this Summer... Perhaps... I have trouble sleeping at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay.

Terrible thing to live in fear. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time. Only one thing stops me. A promise I made to Eric.

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the housing crash is as deep it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Cool. Never heard him before. He has a real Lux Interior sound which gets a thumbs up from me.

Edited to add: Oh dear, after googling, how did I miss this guy? Looks like I was asleep in 2003.

I never thought someone would manage to get a reference to the Cramps into an HPC post! I saw them many times way back in my youth. B)

We keep reasding these articles about mortgage rates rising but... we don't appear ot be seeing those desperate to sell...

We keep seeing the articles because we are being softened up for the rises that "they" know are coming soon. The sooner the better. :ph34r:

Perhaps all those who bought in 2005/06 will be coing to the end of their 5 year fixed this Summer... Perhaps... I have trouble sleeping at night. I have bad dreams like I'm falling. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay.

Terrible thing to live in fear. All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won't have to be afraid all the time. Only one thing stops me. A promise I made to Eric.

I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the housing crash is as deep it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Don't worry 'redemption' is at hand.

We keep reasding these articles about mortgage rates rising but... we don't appear to be seeing those desperate to sell...

The correlation between the two isn't clear cut. Why sell at a big loss, crystalise the loss and then be unable to afford to buy smaller or rent? That would be dumb. Now I know most people are thick as pig sh1t but even so its a dumb strategy. Forced sales will come about through bankruptcy or possession orders. We know the banks are reluctant to possess and we know that for folks going bust housing is the main issue of concern to the government.

Second house owners might sell up but again why? You get, for example, 200k and then what? Put it in the bank at 0.8% interest?

Forced sales more likely from people moving to another area to get a job. Problem is there are no jobs and Toff and Toffer are cutting what jobs there are.

I still think prices will collapse but as I have said many times people on here will not be happy. The market will freeze up and lending will cease. Odds-on another bank failure and mega economic issues. Or 70s style inflation as the unions kick off and the government falls (growing in likelyhood IMHO).

Whatever. You won't like it :D

Are you Martin Luther King?

I think he means living in the UK is like crawling through a sewer full of shit.

why arent we seeing people forced to sell.

1. SMI

2. the new rate rises apply to new borrowers, not existing.

3. SMI

4. SMI

why arent we seeing people forced to sell.

1. SMI

2. the new rate rises apply to new borrowers, not existing.

3. SMI

4. SMI

He's right you know.

I think he means living in the UK is like crawling through a sewer full of shit.

and finding that you can`t get thru the bars at the end and have to go back to your cell.. slowly (Gordon Brown`s directors cut ending)