House Price Crash Forum

Ed Balls Doubts Mervyn King's 'on Right Course' View

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12317510

Shadow chancellor Ed Balls has said he doubts that "in his heart of hearts" the Bank of England governor believes the UK economy is on the right track.

Governor Mervyn King said on Tuesday "the right course has been set and it is important we maintain it".

But Mr Balls told the BBC that if Mr King said Britain "was on the wrong track it would have caused a crisis".

Asked if he thought the governor was "being leant on", Mr Balls replied: "I think the governor is being loyal."

Mr Balls' comments came during an interview on The Andrew Marr Show, as he said Chancellor George Osborne was in denial on the need to switch from the economic policy of "crushing spending".

He said Mr King had been "quite right" to resist calls to increase interest rates, adding that "it was very difficult for Mervyn" because the government was putting all the responsibility for growth on the Bank of England.

"I don't think that Mervyn King, in his heart of hearts, really believes that crushing the economy in this way is the right way to get the economy moving," Mr Balls said.

The Bank of England declined to comment.

Hmm I wonder what Mystic Merv thinks of Ed the tw@t and his economic thinking.

Once more it appears lost on Ed that the UK might be in a better position if it wasn't for him and a certain Gordon the moron, but still at least we have a recovery...

HOLA442

Once more it appears lost on Ed that the UK might be in a better position if it wasn't for him and a certain Gordon the moron, but still at least we have a recovery...

Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper are shining lights shites of UK politics

Cabinet husband-and-wife team Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper have been accused of exploiting Commons expenses rules to buy a £655,000 home and get their children into a top state school.

The pair, who were both promoted by Gordon Brown, have registered their four-bedroom North London house as a 'second home' under parliamentary rules, which entitles them to allowances of up to £44,000 a year to subsidise their £438,000 mortgage.

They also have a 'weekend' property in Yorkshire, which they used to call their second home. But by instead declaring their more expensive London house to be their secondary residence, they can claim more money from taxpayers.

The couple recently moved from inner-city Lambeth to a smart Edwardian townhouse in a more fashionable area of London, close to better schools.

The move, five months ago, came just 16 days after Mr Balls, the Children's Secretary, and his Housing Minister wife raised £45,000 by remortgaging their Yorkshire home, which had been paid for by their Commons expenses

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23413257-cabinet-husband-and-wife-cash-in-on-two-homes-loophole.do

It was in the rules. :angry:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I think the main thing to grasp is there is no material difference between Labour and Conservative on monetary policy.

Monetary policy is controlled by an "independent" body, i.e. the bankers... "I care not who makes the laws" and all that

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410