House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Adsense Account Question

Hi,

I am about to set up an adsense account for my business website and am wondering whether I should set up the adsense account in my business name or my own name?

My business has a business account and, at first, it seems logical to set it up using the business name, link it to my business bank account, etc.

Is this the correct thing to do?

I am thinking about setting up a couple of other sites this year and wonder how easy it is to add new websites to the one adsense account? From what I read on Google this is possible but I what I can't find on Google is how easy it would then be to differentiate which ads are going to which site and, hopefully, to work out which sites are generating which revenues?

I know some of you lot have several websites all using adsense so thought I would ask here.

Thanks,

TMT.

I am thinking about setting up a couple of other sites this year and wonder how easy it is to add new websites to the one adsense account? From what I read on Google this is possible but I what I can't find on Google is how easy it would then be to differentiate which ads are going to which site and, hopefully, to work out which sites are generating which revenues?

I know some of you lot have several websites all using adsense so thought I would ask here.

I can confirm that it's pretty easy to add additional websites to an existing adsense account. It's also worth creating a google analytics account to really get to grips with your websites traffic. They are integrated with each other pretty well.

I can confirm that it's pretty easy to add additional websites to an existing adsense account. It's also worth creating a google analytics account to really get to grips with your websites traffic. They are integrated with each other pretty well.

Again, set up the analytics using the business name and not the personal name - i.e. Acme Inc as opposed to Joe Doe?

Again, set up the analytics using the business name and not the personal name - i.e. Acme Inc as opposed to Joe Doe?

Dunno it's about a zillion years since I set mine up. DOn't think it really matters. You can associate the two accounts so you may as well set it up as same

Dunno it's about a zillion years since I set mine up. DOn't think it really matters. You can associate the two accounts so you may as well set it up as same

If you run a number of completely independent websites that are set up as separate businesses then it may be wise to have each tied to a different AdSense account.

That way, if Google decides to can one of your AdSense accounts because they suspect fraudulent click activity (which doesn't even have to be your fault: an 'overhelpful' user of your site could go click happy & trigger an investigation) it only takes down income from the one site.

If you do this, then you must keep everything separate though: bank accounts, analytics etc etc. If Google believes that they're not really separate businesses then they'll just can all the accounts anyway.

This might be the kind of thing which is worth chatting to the HPC owners about, if they'll talk to you!

(Fubra, are you reading? Do you have separate AdSense accounts for each web property the company owns?)

If you run a number of completely independent websites that are set up as separate businesses then it may be wise to have each tied to a different AdSense account.

That way, if Google decides to can one of your AdSense accounts because they suspect fraudulent click activity (which doesn't even have to be your fault: an 'overhelpful' user of your site could go click happy & trigger an investigation) it only takes down income from the one site.

If you do this, then you must keep everything separate though: bank accounts, analytics etc etc. If Google believes that they're not really separate businesses then they'll just can all the accounts anyway.

This might be the kind of thing which is worth chatting to the HPC owners about, if they'll talk to you!

(Fubra, are you reading? Do you have separate AdSense accounts for each web property the company owns?)

Thanks. I wasn't sure how google analytics would monitor separate websites if they were all lumped under thesame google account. I know how important it is to show traffic to your site.

Just wondering how many of you use Google webmaster to optimise your site?

It was a big thing a few years go but I am wondering now with blogging and various SEO plugins just how important this is still and whether there can be conflicts?

Also wondering if anyone is using webmaster for sitelinks - does Google now allow you to show sitelinks in search results for your site or not? They used to create them dynamically and I think this is still the case - anyone know?

Also, re Google it seems you have to set up numerous accounts with them for all this - adsense, analytics and webmaster central? Question - can you simply link these all together with your same gmail google account? (I know you said that adsense and analytics can be but what about webmaster central?)