House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Newcastle21

Selling

I am looking for some advice, I currently live in England but I have 2 properties to sell in Belfast - 1 in city centrevand another in Lisburn road.

First of all what is the Market like, where I am there has been a bit of an uplift and I am starting to see more sold signs, by having a read of some of the other posts, I presume that's not happening in belfast.

Secondly can anyone recommend an estate agent. Again where I am there are big differences and costs involved.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

I am looking for some advice, I currently live in England but I have 2 properties to sell in Belfast - 1 in city centrevand another in Lisburn road.

First of all what is the Market like, where I am there has been a bit of an uplift and I am starting to see more sold signs, by having a read of some of the other posts, I presume that's not happening in belfast.

Secondly can anyone recommend an estate agent. Again where I am there are big differences and costs involved.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Crash proceeding nicely, best advise stay in England and change your name :ph34r:

Price them right and they'll sell. I wouldn't expect it to be quick and would expect around rv or less. If its the university end of Lisburn road it will need to be priced very well to sell. Lots of property available there.

If you bought since 2003 and now. Well you'll be lucky to even get your money back.

As 2buyornot says price them correctly.

The market here has moved differently to the rest of the Uk, where we had almost 4x the UK drops. However 90% of the drops to date took place over 18 months ago. Since then it has been up and down (mostly down) and we have lost a further 10%, off peak since that. Most of the current drops are happening in the resale market as the owners weren't as quick, or didn't need to react as quickly as the developer to lower prices. That said the price differential between new build and resale is closing.

As for the Lisburn Road - the university part is the best as there is a good rental market in that area. However, investors cannot get mortgages at the moment.

If you really need to sell price them right. If you don't, sit tight. Rents are better than they ever have been and if you fix your interest rate for five years and have rental cover for same you may well be ok.

Good agent for the Uni area is GO'C Estates, as for the city centre - they are all pretty much the same.

Edited by BelfastVI