House Price Crash Forum

Ladies, Get Ready For A 25% Hike In Car Insurance

HOLA441

I wonder how this will affect those Women only insurers?

Not one jot.

There are probably firms in Lloyds who sell interests based on the fact their pool of risks are female drivers.

Sheilas wheels ( a seller of insurance, not an insurer, Im told) will simply ask another firm at Lloyds to cover male drivers enquiries.

they will adjust their selling prices for ladies to match the same criteria for an identical man.

The law is a total Ass.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Well to be honest I think that is true. The ability of the insurers to use discriminating factors is stopping young men from driving. That is counter productive to our society.

Let's face it insurers and lenders are not allowed to use race as a 'dsicriminating factor' in their scorecards and underwriting criteria. So why should age or sex? Why should you as an individual be tarnished because of other people. Your record should be yours and yours alone - so if you have lots of accidents or you don't pay back your debts, then your costs go up...but not before.

Where I worked, some of the scorecards allocated 25-40 extra points for being a Home Owner (validated by mortgage flag), and being paid weekly instead of monthly could lose you 30-35 points from your rating (I kid you not).