House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wahoo

How Much Would You Pay For A Shed?

Is this the World's most expensive shed?

Falling down dump!

Does it include the curtains? I'll have to get on the phone and ask Mr Pellow. He looks like a nice chap.

Something is worth what someone else will pay.

It might seem ridiculous to the average person earning say £23k UK wide as an average salary but that is the way it is.

When I was growing up the old saying from an English family that "they were broke" meant they were "down to their last £100,000" which probably in today's money means £1,000,000.

People on here always seem so bewildered others have money. Look at many immigrants who have been here 3 generations. Their accumulated wealth is huge. They never pay any IHT, and avoid PAYE at all costs. Shoe boxes full of valuable stones and jewellery under the floorboards when someone dies. Clever really. No probate for them.

The stupid indiginous carry on with their flashy material wealth for all to see so it is hardly surprising they get taxed to death.

Something is worth what someone else will pay.

It might seem ridiculous to the average person earning say £23k UK wide as an average salary but that is the way it is.

When I was growing up the old saying from an English family that "they were broke" meant they were "down to their last £100,000" which probably in today's money means £1,000,000.

People on here always seem so bewildered others have money. Look at many immigrants who have been here 3 generations. Their accumulated wealth is huge. They never pay any IHT, and avoid PAYE at all costs. Shoe boxes full of valuable stones and jewellery under the floorboards when someone dies. Clever really. No probate for them.

The stupid indiginous carry on with their flashy material wealth for all to see so it is hardly surprising they get taxed to death.

No, it's quite simple really - what is bewildering is that someone, having worked to accumulate so much money, would be stupid enough to spend a large chunk of it on a shed. :rolleyes:

Is this the World's most expensive shed?

Falling down dump!

Does it include the curtains? I'll have to get on the phone and ask Mr Pellow. He looks like a nice chap.

Enjoy it while it lasts, on that particular stretch of the coast. It's a race to see which will fail first; cliffs or shed.

No, it's quite simple really - what is bewildering is that someone, having worked to accumulate so much money, would be stupid enough to spend a large chunk of it on a shed. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

If you like that part of the world as a regular holiday/weekend break retreat, why not bung the £190,000 into a bank account and use merely the interest alone to book rooms in local hotels and B&Bs?! Even at 3% per year interest, and with 20% deduced for tax, you're looking at £4560 a year. That's more than enough to book into the priciest places a couple of times a year in that area! And unless you really give a toss about giving your children inheritance, that £190k will last (considering inflation will eat away at it with you spending the interest) easily a couple of decades. Of course, if you think a shed on a cliff edge is a good inheritance for your children... :rolleyes:

I very much doubt that whoever spent that much money on this earned the money.

Ah its at Eype I know that place well, couple of added factors:

1 - that beach was in the news as being for sale for £1

2 - that "house" is shortly going to slide into the sea, all the cliffs along there have been eroding at a fast pace recently

Looks like a good buy bye then. :huh:

I'm gonna check this out with Mr Pellow, the estate agent.

He looks an 'onest sort of fellow.