House Price Crash Forum
Wahoo

B B B B B..........

The Middle East burns, investors jump back into gold, UK economic policy in tatters, pound trashed, oil price soaring……..

Black Monday anyone? :rolleyes:

The Middle East burns, investors jump back into gold, UK economic policy in tatters, pound trashed, oil price soaring……..

Cold miserable Monday

Let's hope so. I sold all my investments in November, certain that the markets would crash along with the Euro troubles, and have "lost" a notional 10% or so since. I'm itching to invest again, but need to see more obvious value first.

Is this an official call from you? if not have the balls and do it dont pussyfoot around it ,if you are wrong prepare to join a growing club and accept the coming ridicule or maybe the adulation.who knows Monday will tell :D

Stop hedging and get on with it

UK and its effing miserable

This time last year, I was on Waiheke Island, melting in the sunshine. I know where I'd rather be! Have you moved over here?

This time last year, I was on Waiheke Island, melting in the sunshine. I know where I'd rather be! Have you moved over here?

Yes back ( 6 months in) but cant see me holding out too long as Aotearoa is beckoning

Sterling is remarkably resilent at the moment: 1 GBP 1.58629 1.16521

Gold only up a little yesterday ($23.50) and still a long way behind recent highs ($1339).

Stocks got hammered due to riots in Egypt and they are not much of a key player in the world economy--another dictatorship with an aging father hoping to pass the crown onto his inept son. Ripe for the Islamosfascists to take over which does present a problem if they rise up against their neighbours. They might be eyeing up the little oil rich ones slightly to their right. :o

FTSE 100 5,881.37 -83.71 -1.40%

monday could be a bit dark if fri is followed up.

Confidence seems to have suddenly taken a big hit and Egyopt might just have been the trigger. Sarky banging on about how he will not permit the Euro to fail has undoubtedly raised epxectations that the Euro might not survive 2011.

Edited by Realistbear

Let's hope so. I sold all my investments in November, certain that the markets would crash along with the Euro troubles, and have "lost" a notional 10% or so since. I'm itching to invest again, but need to see more obvious value first.

your strategy seems a little flawed.

FTSE 100 5,881.37 -83.71 -1.40%

monday could be a bit dark if fri is followed up.

Confidence seems to have suddenly taken a big hit and Egyopt might just have been the trigger. Sarky banging on about how he will not permit the Euro to fail has undoubtedly raised epxectations that the Euro might not survive 2011.

All looking a bit wobbly.

I’m officially calling it……..

BLACK MONDAY B)

maybe the ruling elite will observe will the unrest elsewhere and take note B)

Yeah, they'll order more anti-riot gear.

If Egypt doesn't calm down I can see the markets falling off a cliff. Before the recent uprising in Tunisia, nobody was predicting what's happening in Arab North Africa. There's no telling where this will end - especially if the uprising gets hijacked by Islamic fundamentalists.

All looking a bit wobbly.

I’m officially calling it……..

BLACK MONDAY B)

After Davos?

Aren't these meetings brainstorming sessions to come up with a new idea to extort more money from taxpayers around the world?

News of the next taxpayer fiddle will filter through to markets and it could be an up day?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/egypt/8291108/Egypt-protests-looting-engulfs-Cairo-as-Mubarak-clings-on.html

Egypt protests: looting engulfs Cairo as Mubarak clings on
Thousands of prisoners escape, amid fears that anarchy will take hold in Egypt, the world's largest Arab nation.

This could dent stocks although the recent trend has been awful news sends stocks higher. I don't see this spreading and no indication (yet) that an Islamofascist dictator is waiting to step in and kill all the women who wear troosers or men without beards.

$ and US bonds should benefit in the ST I suppose.

The DOW is breaking out to the upside, whilst the S&P to the downside this week. I'm not too sure what to make of this, they haven't diverged before in recent memory.

All very odd.

Perhaps, "if in doubt, stay out."