House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruffydd

The Truth About Egypt

I can't understand why they action in Egypt is being reported as a "crisis"?

Where's the crisis in the man on the street saying, "enough is enough" kicking off and getting things changed, possibly for the better (mid-long term)

It's a crisis for the government and its police force who probably number less than 0.5 million people, not the other 80 million who have had enough being ruled over by an authoritarian regime, without any kind of democratic voice.

I can't understand why they action in Egypt is being reported as a "crisis"?

Where's the crisis in the man on the street saying, "enough is enough" kicking off and getting things changed, possibly for the better (mid-long term)

It's a crisis for the government and its police force who probably number less than 0.5 million people, not the other 80 million who have had enough being ruled over by an authoritarian regime, without any kind of democratic voice.

It's a crisis for the Western elite 'cos Mubarek is 'their' man and has been for 30 years.

Why do you think there hasn't been an Arab-Israeli war during his rule ?

As regards the middle-east, Egypt leads and others follow.

Mubarek brought stability to the region, enabling more developed countries around the globe to prosper with

relatively cheap oil. Alas, it seems the Egyptians have realised that it is THEIR liberties and standard of living

which has been sacrificed to enable other countries to profit.

Know your sources. Know the truth about Mehdi Hasan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hpfqFt-0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhPeyxJ7vGU

Why has the New Statesman given a platform to this idiot? Don't be fooled by this windbag's brand of religious bigotry dressed up as support for Western progressive politics.

WOW!!!! Good find... I have REALLY disliked that guy from the start, can't BELIEVE these videos. Pure insanity.

Know your sources. Know the truth about Mehdi Hasan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hpfqFt-0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhPeyxJ7vGU

Why has the New Statesman given a platform to this idiot? Don't be fooled by this windbag's brand of religious bigotry dressed up as support for Western progressive politics.

LOL - Muslims holding the moral high ground

Clearly this pr1ck has never visited a muslim Country.

I mean seriously, what a SCUMBAG. How on earth did he get a voice!? Talk about the West being a pushover.

I suspect he thinks he's not a real Briton and he's not a real Muslim. He's deeply confused which is why he's so angry. I even have some sympathy for people who are so culturally compromised that they spend their whole lives trying to find something or someone they can despise more than themselves. However, I don't think the New Statesman or the BBC are wise to give him a megaphone to spread his garbled, hate-filled gibberish. I bet he cries himself to sleep

+1

Another publication to add to Bulltrader's list to avoid. <_<

you shouldnt avoid him though, you shoud keep watching, then you can see whats going on

I wonder if the Yanks are now wondering if selling those 240 F-16 fighters, those M1A tanks and those Apache helicopters to Egypt was such a good idea.

Interesting when you look at the Egyptian air force's compliment of aircraft that they have no actually bombers other than some ageing Phantoms. 240 F-16s can do a lot of damage though.

Edit: typo

Dont you think that the televised turmoil in Egypt is another contrived, elite backed revolution designed to install new puppets more subservient to their masters ?

I don't know what to think any more.

I can't tell the good guys from the bad guys.