House Price Crash Forum
jplevene

Post Rightmove Overpriced Houses Here

I read somewhere that Rightmove was 44% overpriced, so today I was looking at properties in my area and a new delusional vendor has put his house on the market.

He bought his house at the top of the height of the property market for £650. No additional work done besides furniture (not included in sale price). True to form what do you think they are asking to sell the house today:

Rightmove listing

House sold prices

The house is worth today about £575 to £600K (Grange Road, WD6).

Please post more delusional Rightmove posts

I read somewhere that Rightmove was 44% overpriced, so today I was looking at properties in my area and a new delusional vendor has put his house on the market.

He bought his house at the top of the height of the property market for £650. No additional work done besides furniture (not included in sale price). True to form what do you think they are asking to sell the house today:

Rightmove listing

House sold prices

The house is worth today about £575 to £600K (Grange Road, WD6).

A million quid for that? For that kind of money I would expect a seperate kitchen twice the size and the rooms are too small even through the Agents fisheye lens. And it say's 6 bedrooms but we all know the real figure to go by is square footage and for a million quid you don't get enough of that.

He bought his house at the top of the height of the property market for £650K. No additional work done besides furniture (not included in sale price). True to form what do you think they are asking to sell the house today:

Rightmove listing

House sold prices

The house is worth today about £575K to £600K (Grange Road, WD6).

Not quite in that league, but one we saw in the summer...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26680765.html

sold Nov 2009 £605K

asking £800K

there has been some work done on it and not too well, think bad DIY, but not £200K worth. Far superior house down the road went for £700K last summer - the one we missed out on (boo hoo).

Can you lot afford these houses even if they were priced at your perceived 'worth' c600k? :blink:

Maybe it would be more useful to post examples of overpriced properties that aren't for the top 5% of earners?

If anyone needed proof that prices are set by how much you can borrow rather than the performance of the local economy..... Remember, the higher paid manual jobs in Coventry at places such as Massey Ferguson, Jaguar, Peugeot and Rover all disappeared from Coventry during the course of the noughties, but the houses their employees would have bought have only got more and more expensive

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17872071.html

Ive tried to post an average 3bed terraced house in an average area of Coventry. The average wage in this city i would say is significantly lower than national average - probably about £22-23k.

And to see prices in this postcode area

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/coventry/cornelius-street/cv3-5fh/?sold_price_types=all&sold_price_years=all&so=date&sd=desc

Notice in particular the jump from £85k to £118k in a period of 6 months at the end of 2003 a time when the local manufacturing industry was falling apart - and prices never looked back from there. Fvcking banksters!

I have this one for my area.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17485563.html

They seem to chipping a few grand off it each week. It was on for something like 825k a few weeks ago. Its a nice pad but for that money you could find 6 beds with fountains and swimmings pools no more than two miles away.

and heres another - Obviously priced appropriately due to there not being many TWO bed detached homes around....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27557155.html?premiumA=true

Check out this bad boy.

Property Bee tells a classic story of chasing the market down. And it is still about 40% overpriced.

History

dateevent12 January 2011

• Price changed: from '£1,400,000' to '£1,100,000'

26 June 2010

• Price changed: from '£1,495,000' to '£1,400,000'

19 January 2010

• Status changed: from 'Not Listed' to 'Available'

12 January 2010

• Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Not Listed'

30 October 2009

• Title changed: from 'Ringley Park,' to 'Ringley Park'

10 December 2008

• Subtitle changed: 6 bedroom detached house

07 August 2008

• Price changed: from '£1,690,000' to '£1,495,000'

13 June 2008

• Title changed: Ringley Park, - property reference 110153A_10153

10 June 2008

• Title changed: Ringley Park, - property reference 110153A_10153

15 February 2008

• Price changed: Offers in Region of £1,775,000 £1,690,000
  • Title changed: Ringley Park, Whitefield

26 January 2008

• Title changed: Ringley Park, Whitefield

24 January 2008

• Price changed: Offers in Region of £1,775,000

05 January 2008

• Initial entry found.

If anybody can post a habitable 2 or 3 bedroom house or flat for 3-4x average local single full time income, i'd be astonished.

Well whoever buys it will be able to save money by firing the gardener.

and maybe they could put some wheels underneath and it simply wheel it out to someone else's garden when they fancy a move..

Although for something that to my eyes is truly and almost criminally overpriced its houses like these that make my blood boil,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32224874.html

Lots of my friends live in them and up until about 2000/2001 they were readily available for anything from 10K to 30K, Now you'll be lucky to find anything under 70k. It truly is those at the bottom end of the housing market who have been hurt the most, Given that Coventry is rapidly approaching 'Ghost town' status so acurately predicted by The Specials all those years ago I don't have the foggiest who these prices are aimed at.

Although for something that to my eyes is truly and almost criminally overpriced its houses like these that make my blood boil,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32224874.html

Lots of my friends live in them and up until about 2000/2001 they were readily available for anything from 10K to 30K, Now you'll be lucky to find anything under 70k. It truly is those at the bottom end of the housing market who have been hurt the most, Given that Coventry is rapidly approaching 'Ghost town' status so acurately predicted by The Specials all those years ago I don't have the foggiest who these prices are aimed at.

HB funded BTLs.

Every sngle one of those 2 bedders has the potential to add £473* per month onto the nations housing benefit bill. Most LLs will add a bit more on to see if they can get a bit extra out of the tenant.

£500pcm will definitely pay the piper.

*= HB rate for 2 bed house in Coventry

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor

Ladies and gentlemen

I give you this beast:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27852703.html

What we have here shows the lunacy we find ourselves a part of. One room. Above a shop. For £120,000 of the queen's pounds.

For those of you with property bee (and if you haven't got it, what kind of bear are you!?) feel free to browse the ongoing horror show that is the back story of this broom cupboard.

Can anyone beat that...?

BFC

...there are stacks of rooms, sorry I mean studios in the region of £300,000....wonder if they will ever shift them at that price.....don't know how long the leases are or what the service charges are...no normal person would buy surely?....nothing will ever cease to amaze me anymore, but I am sure any seller would be celebrating with a bottle of bubbly once they have offloaded their four walls for that. ;)