House Price Crash Forum

Moderation

FTBvish

HOLA441

Guys,

If someone said to me you have to choose 1 site to save on the internet... this would be it.

Having said that, I feel we are being undermined by an influx of trolls, smug homeowners/BTL'ers whose only aim is to bait the less fortunate.

This seems to bring out the worst in those of us who are priced out of the market, young FTB's etc..

All I seem to read these days are slanging matches, to the detriment of the site. REAL debate is becoming a rareity...

Is it all possible to make more of an effort to police this site..... please????

HOLA442

I actually just witnessed some very good moderation. I honestly think they have it right.

At times you will take offence to what is being said, at times you may not think that its relevant to be speaking about on a housing forum. Thing is everyone has there own limits which isnt to say that yours is wrong we are just all different.

A thread was just started off that was clearly out of order by anyones rationale, the moderator (dont know which one) wiped it out. I think they have the balance right.

:)

HOLA443
Is it all possible to make more of an effort to police this site..... please????

We have a number of excellent moderators on the forum who are doing a sterling job. We don't want to censor the forum like channel 4 as it goes against our view of free speech but on the other hand we will not tolerate any posts which violate the forum rules as they are there for the good of all.

If you feel that a post or thread is breaching the rules or inappropriate then click on the "Report" button to bring it to the attention of the moderators.