House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Banner

Apprentice - Farrell Gets 9 Months For Mortgage Fraud

Ex Sniper Christopher Farrell gets 9 month suspended sentence for mortgage fraud.

SUSPENDED!! i.e. He's NOT in prison!!

Pathetic. He should be in prison for AT LEAST 9 YEARS -- Solitary confinement.

Still who?

:lol: That's usually my line.

The Apprentice is one of the handful of TV shows that I watch on a regular basis. Chris was the organized one (military training I guess) and a hard worker.

Oh, and a crook as well.

:lol: That's usually my line.

The Apprentice is one of the handful of TV shows that I watch on a regular basis. Chris was the organized one (military training I guess) and a hard worker.

Oh, and a crook as well.

Nah, you've got me there.

If the fate of the planet depended upon my knowledge of the above then the Humanity would have about 5 seconds to kiss its own bottom.

SUSPENDED!! i.e. He's NOT in prison!!

Pathetic. He should be in prison for AT LEAST 9 YEARS -- Solitary confinement.

Quite. The reward risk equation facing those with an opportunity to commit fraud encourages them to do so in the UK, without exception.

Work out the risk of being caught, and the personal cost of the punishment, against the amount of money you can make, and you can see why fraud is becoming endemic in all areas. Not just liar loans.

Under pressure to support his wife and young child, he admitted altering P60 forms, payslips and creating fake documents to ensure their mortgage applications were successful - thereby hitting his monthly target.

Lucky for him the jail's are full.

Let's hope he "took on board" what the judge said. He's motivated, he's dynamic, he's thinking out of the box in a blue sky way.

Oh, and he's a crook.

but tried to blame his colleagues for forging the documents

Is this The Apprentice --- Access All Areas? Is it on iPlayer?

My mortgaged up home 'owner' mates would think he was a hero. A martyr. A Robin Hood figure. Someone who tried to help the likes of them by giving mortgages to good, ordinary, normal people who just wanted to buy a home. They don't see house prices as too high. They see them as unalterable, inevitable and right.

They shoulda sued the people who agreed to lie about their mortgages as well.

My link

Hence no comments on article in The Mirror - loads of people benefitted from the likes of him. Maybe someone should jump in with an HPC POV to get things rolling?

The person who benefitted from him the most was himself.

I dont know how anyone can think that someone benefits when they are fitted up with a liar loan of many multiples of their income. Sure, they can get a house, and if they are lucky house prices will go up after they buy it and interest rates will fall. It is one of the wonders of leverage (borrowing to equity or deposit ratio) that if you get it right, it can make you a fortune.

Tragically though, leverage works both ways. If interest rates rise and the asset being purchased falls, the borrower can get wiped out. And not only the borrower, the lender can be in a lot of trouble too, and as we have found out, that leaves the taxpayer to backstop the financial system. And in some countries, the whole financial system has collapsed completely, thanks to these frauds. It may yet be so in this country.

So when these people who think that this chap is a hero talk to you, point out that the super high rates of tax that they pay on their income and on their purchases and on their council tax, is all due to paying for the actions of crooks like him.

We are now so broke, we cant even lock him up.

He's lucky he's ex forces. For that kind of fraud, he would have undoubtedly had a Court Martial and they wouldn't have been as lenient. Straight to MCTC (military jail), do not pass go, do not collect £200

"Star" of a programme that GLORIFIES selfishness, lies, and everything bad about human nature.

And as for his "punishment" ... ******ing laughable. The UK is a joke ..

Edited by Home_To_Roost

So when these people who think that this chap is a hero talk to you, point out that the super high rates of tax that they pay on their income and on their purchases and on their council tax, is all due to paying for the actions of crooks like him.

We are now so broke, we cant even lock him up.

My home 'owners' pals are only faintly aware of inflation, taxes, 'political stuff'. All they know is that I'm paying a huge rent while they have comparatively tiny mortgages so right from the starting block they have £10,000 per year more to spend than me. These are families on a household income of say, £30 - £40k - which in the south east is not rich. Some have already taken 1/3 wage cuts yet, at 37, are acting as if semi retired, spending their days jogging or on facebook or in cafes with pals. Most of them have benefitted from liar loans, whether directly or indirectly (their property has doubled or tripled in value and they are planning to sell up and move out of Brighton to somewhere cheaper).

Nothing will shake them out of their smuggery . . . nothing except 4% interest rates.

Nah, you've got me there.

If the fate of the planet depended upon my knowledge of the above then the Humanity would have about 5 seconds to kiss its own bottom.

you were too busy drinking STELLA