House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
neon tetra

Making A Written Offer....

Question about making a written offer -

I know that the EA has to pass on a written offer to the vendor (however derisory). Does the same apply to emailed offers? I need to ensure the vendor sees my offer (as the EA rejected my verbal one).

We have put offers etc in writing as well as verbally. Alas we have no confidence in that agent actually being any more active with it. Best advice is as others on here will also say - pit a date on it as to when offer expires. Also sent a copy to the vendor.

We would love to make contact with two vendors but can't as properties empty - previously rented out etc - as we have no confidence in the agents being proactive to get sale negotiated. Our offers were same sa both paid in 2007 yet aparently greedy vendors want more!!!!

Question about making a written offer -

I know that the EA has to pass on a written offer to the vendor (however derisory). Does the same apply to emailed offers? I need to ensure the vendor sees my offer (as the EA rejected my verbal one).

Agents must pass all offers verbal, written, emailed or otherwise in writing to a vendor, to comply with the ombudsman code they should also confirm it in writing to the buyer.

The agent has no right to reject an offer on a vendor's behalf unless he has written authorisation from the vendor to do so. He may speak to a vendor and get an answer by phone so long as he later follows it up in writing. This call can often take no time at all especially if the offer is lower than other offers previously rejected and buyers can often think that the agent hasn't spoken to a vendor at all.

Some agents may have an instant answer from a vendor and then wait a few hours before calling the buyer so as not to upset the buyer too much

Agents must pass all offers verbal, written, emailed or otherwise in writing to a vendor, to comply with the ombudsman code they should also confirm it in writing to the buyer.

The agent has no right to reject an offer on a vendor's behalf unless he has written authorisation from the vendor to do so. He may speak to a vendor and get an answer by phone so long as he later follows it up in writing. This call can often take no time at all especially if the offer is lower than other offers previously rejected and buyers can often think that the agent hasn't spoken to a vendor at all.

Some agents may have an instant answer from a vendor and then wait a few hours before calling the buyer so as not to upset the buyer too much

we waited for a week for them to come up with the letter. As it had not appeared, we wrote stating that we had not received anything yet in writing from them in respect of the offer, and added that the offer only stood for a few more days - as we had said to them at time of making offer .....

very interestingly paperwork was then hand delivered within 2 hours of them receiving our letter

Another 8 days have now elapsed and we have had no further contact from them at all.