House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bearORbullENIGMA

Daily Mail: Don't Wait Too Long For A Baby

I don't know if some of you remember the discussion we had on here some time back about how the mainstream media

seemed to have propagandized women into having careers, possibly so that elites could exploit double the workforce,

which was fine during boom times.

Some of us also predicted that during a downturn or prolonged recession, as jobs become fewer, that the mainstream

media might switch to encouraging women to start families & stay at home.

Is this the start of it?

Don't wait too long for a baby: Women are SIX times more likely to suffer from fertility problems when 35 than at 25

A major study by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists has led doctors to issue the stark warning as more and more women pursue careers and leave parenthood until their late thirties.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

A plea to breed can only be a good thing if it's aimed at the right people.

It makes me feel a bit sad that people say they can't afford a baby, or can't have a baby until they own a house.

Unfortunately it's too late for many career women who wanted to establish themselves on the 'Career Ladder' 13 years ago onwards before embarking on motherhood. A female loses 75% of their eggs every single years from birth. I'm 34 now and most of the people I have known since sixth form have not started a family yet other than those earning £100k+ or who have emigrated. Nearly all the 5th year school leaver drop-outs have gone on to have large state funded families.

In cold economic terms, population thinning is the market response to a sustained period of high houses prices. Couples delay starting families and have only one one or two children if at all, younger people who reach working age realise they can get much better homes for less money overseas and so emigrate... Demand for property is thus weakened and prices should fall as a result.

I think the tipping point here is five years before the country starts adjusting to the straitjacket of higher HPs. The long-term impact on society and the economy (as high HPs lead to outsourcing) is just grim. We are a decade plus into this bubble and the damage to this country is clearly visible. Japan has trodden this road for us and with yesterday's downgrade are now staring into the abyss. TPTB here seem very keen to follow their example.

How self-perpetuating is this cycle? As the population falls, so does income for people's pensions. Retirees in response turn to the only 'investment' they have experience of for their pension - property. And so it goes on...

Edited by rantnrave

Define 'right people'.

I'd say a stereotypical 'nice' setup. Husband and wife who are middle class or working class with a 'work' ethic.

A few years ago didn't France try encouraging more middle class families to have 2 or more children?

I find myself broadly agreeing with this but still think it's the thin end of a eugenics wedge.

I fairly recently emigrated and started a family in my early 30's... Already feel like an 'old' Dad, and wouldn't want to be in my late 30's, knowing that they may still be living at home during my retirement, as much as I love them. If I stayed in the UK I think I would have been in that position.

There was an interesting video on YouTube about the possible rise and decline of population over the coming decades:

singlemalt - the benefits in France aren't too bad, but you only really see a significance when you have 3 kids or more.

Edited by You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

More baby machine propaganda.

Notice how many people have had precious little accidents miracles over the last five years?!

Not sure a population bulge both in front and behind me is necessarily a good or bad thing.

We currently have a reverse eugenics policy in the UK. Encourage the feckless/idle to breed thereby encouraging that gene pool and making those individuals successful, while hard working people pay for that and themselves dont breed.

Me and my wife are both 31 and we both genuinely feel like we have had the opportunity to have kids at a ‘natural’ age has been robbed from us.

We don’t have the bank of mummy and daddy and have spent our 20s grafting for break even wages (despite the bullcrap of doing well at A levels and having degrees – and masters in my wife’s case).

We have lived hand to mouth up until about a year ago – living next door to unemployed folk, class A drug dealers.

We have had 3 foreign holidays in 9 years, we have both earnt between 20 and 30k for that period yet we have not had the money nor work opportunity.

To be honest i do blame a generational rape that has gone on as much as i blame the bangsters and the fecking idiots who borrowed like greedycunts.

But people have been too stupid to see the consequences of Brown’s bubble.

We are now planning to move and work in Switzerland for a few years to again be able to build up some weighty savings so we can settle down properly by the time we are in our mid 30’s – all sounds lovely but it is masked by the massive fear that we have missed the boat biologically – if we have i don’t think i could stomach leaving in this country with its equal weight of the vicously greedy ‘informed’ and the wantonly stupid and greedy masses who deserve all that will visit them over the next decade.

We currently have a reverse eugenics policy in the UK. Encourage the feckless/idle to breed thereby encouraging that gene pool and making those individuals successful, while hard working people pay for that and themselves dont breed.

+1

A very good summary of where we are. Add to that excessive health and safety legislation meaning that stupid people have less and less chance to kill themselves, it's no wonder that evolution seems to be going into reverse.

We are now planning to move and work in Switzerland for a few years to again be able to build up some weighty savings so we can settle down properly by the time we are in our mid 30’s – all sounds lovely but it is masked by the massive fear that we have missed the boat biologically – if we have i don’t think i could stomach leaving in this country with its equal weight of the vicously greedy ‘informed’ and the wantonly stupid and greedy masses who deserve all that will visit them over the next decade.

Don't plan - Act now and emigrate!

Don't plan - Act now and emigrate!

That is it! Whilst we still can.

Going out there in two weeks.

The wife is polishing up the CV for a couple of jobs out there and been in contact with some recruitment agents.

Salaries are pretty damn good – living costs very high. Hoping that if we were out there and earning in CHF we would be able to take advantage of downward movement of sterling over the next couple of years – fingers crossed!

That is it! Whilst we still can.

Going out there in two weeks.

The wife is polishing up the CV for a couple of jobs out there and been in contact with some recruitment agents.

Salaries are pretty damn good – living costs very high. Hoping that if we were out there and earning in CHF we would be able to take advantage of downward movement of sterling over the next couple of years – fingers crossed!

Good luck with the move. My wife was salaried from Geneve at a time when it was 2.5CHF-1GBP. Last year her company fixed at 1.7CHF-1GBP and this year it is 1.5CHF-1GBP... next year maybe 1.4? this is the only reason we can afford to live, buy a house and work in the UK with one salary (I gave up work on the 6th January to look after our young family). The exchange rate has given us the equivalent of an extra salary. If and when we do move over there (it's inevitable) we plan on living just across the border in France.

Women have a natural burst of fertility just before menopause, how many people do you know that thought they had completed their family and then have a surprise when the youngest is 15.

I was at school with 2, my daughter has one in her class who's mother is older than my child's grandmother.

Freeze your eggs by all means, 35 is really when it all starts going down hill but it's not necessarily all doom and gloom.

Women have a natural burst of fertility just before menopause, how many people do you know that thought they had completed their family and then have a surprise when the youngest is 15.

I was at school with 2, my daughter has one in her class who's mother is older than my child's grandmother.

Freeze your eggs by all means, 35 is really when it all starts going down hill but it's not necessarily all doom and gloom.

It must mainly come down to the individual. If you're 'young' for your age, look after yourself, don't smoke or drink much etc must all count for something. I suppose you do have to draw an average age line somewhere, but I reckon most of it is down to your cells rather than age.

Good luck with the move. My wife was salaried from Geneve at a time when it was 2.5CHF-1GBP. Last year her company fixed at 1.7CHF-1GBP and this year it is 1.5CHF-1GBP... next year maybe 1.4? this is the only reason we can afford to live, buy a house and work in the UK with one salary (I gave up work on the 6th January to look after our young family). The exchange rate has given us the equivalent of an extra salary. If and when we do move over there (it's inevitable) we plan on living just across the border in France.

Yes quite a few people do that – even go over the border just to do their shopping if they live in Switzerland.

Your life sound like how it should be – one working, the other raising a family properly. I am a smidgen jealous.

I am a smidgen jealous.

You don't have to be. It's a fulltime occupation being a stay at home parent. I have no relatives nearby to support me and my wife works in Geneva for at least two weeks in every month so it's either 24/7 or 14/7 just me and <18month olds who have very little to say. I have full respect for stay at home mothers where there is a breadwinner in the household. I hated my job but miss the social aspect of working hugely and even considered getting a part-time evening job just for that reason but the wife won't let me.

It must mainly come down to the individual. If you're 'young' for your age, look after yourself, don't smoke or drink much etc must all count for something. I suppose you do have to draw an average age line somewhere, but I reckon most of it is down to your cells rather than age.

Aging is to do with your cells replicating, hence why women who smoke and drink a lot are starting to fall apart as relatively early as 35 and have a low egg count, while men and women who live better have their cells replicating properly and look similar at 38 to what they did at 18, and can have a late baby more safely. Also woman having a narrow window of reproduction becoming a problem is us going out of synch with our evolution, since humans were never "intended" by evolution to live much longer past our 30s.

I worked from an apartment in Paris and looked after our son up until the age of 17 months; no easy walk in the park trying to juggle the two, but the creches are too popular in the city, and private care is way too expensive. Fortunately my partner has resigned and has taken 3 years off, as I can't cope with work and two babies.

Incidentally, my mother-in-law was 42 when my partner was born. Maybe iLegallyBlonde has a point.

bbc debt diary

Reminds me of this BBC blog a few years ago where some posh woman was moaning about making repayments on her house and her BTL property being a challenge because she'd got knocked up. Says "her friend" had to make that difficult choice between abortion and investment property....

"My friend tells me that this person is having a hard time getting over the abortion because she did want to have children. We both feel for her deeply. " :lol::lol::lol::lol: