House Price Crash Forum
Timm

The 10 O'clock Show

On Channel 4+1 now.

A pale imitation of NTNON, a lowbrow Newsnight, or Have I Got News For You minus the panel format?

On Channel 4+1 now.

A pale imitation of NTNON, a lowbrow Newsnight, or Have I Got News For You minus the panel format?

Heard clips and the jokes sounded as if they had been written by Ed Balls. Why do we only get these "cutting edge" satire programmes during Tory administrations?

Heard clips and the jokes sounded as if they had been written by Ed Balls.

Apart from the one the one about his wife?

Why do we only get these "cutting edge" satire programmes during Tory administrations?

It does seem that way. :(

But I'd rather have some satire at selective moments than none at all.

Of course, it would be better if it was better...

It does seem that way. :(

I remember John Cleese saying that satire tends to do better under Conservative governments.

I remember John Cleese saying that satire tends to do better under Conservative governments.

I wouldnt call the Daily mash or order-order left wing, but are usually pretty funny.

More like TV is controlled by the liebour party.

Heard clips and the jokes sounded as if they had been written by Ed Balls. Why do we only get these "cutting edge" satire programmes during Tory administrations?

Because television programs are made by "arty" people and "arty" people tend to be lefties.

I tuned in to the "election night" special / pilot of this show back in May. Laugh? I thought I'd never start... and I didn't.

I was going to watch the first of the new series to give it a second chance but thought I'd instead catch it on 4oD and let others provide their feedback first. Based upon it, I will not be bothering. A shame because I hold David Mitchell and Charlie Brooker in high regard; Mitchell has particularly impressed with his stints on HIGNFY and MTW, but this show was weak.

Personally I preferred the 11 O'Clock Show. Yes, it was low brow but it was funny nonetheless and rather than fail to meet expectations it actually gave us Ricky Gervais and Sacha Baron Cohen (12 years ago they were a breath of fresh air).

TBH, if ScreenWipe was still on then Charlie Brooker would be slating this PoS.

Watched last night and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a comedy.

I assume it was as it appeared to have some alleged comedians presenting it.

That's where the clues ended though.

Yeah, this show is all over the place, it has a left wing bias, not letting someone make a very sensible point about the rights of the majority to live outweigh the rights of a wannabe terrorist is a joke! But then to follow it up after the break with discussion basically backing the control orders left me wondering why they couldn't allow the interview to be more balanced.

The interview with the economist chap was very good, he even managed to clarify what the deficit actually is (extra borrowing a year) before again being talked over.

The bit on the Olympic stadium was very funny!

Thought it was poor last night but quite good last week. When it comes to a choice between this or the BBC News & Question Time there's only one winner and it ain't the BBC. Having said that, managed to catch Will Self on QT - top rant by him.

Thought it was poor last night

Yep, particularly Laverne's monologue which I'm sure what supposed to be funny but was delivered so badly there never felt like a punchline or moment to laugh.

Jimmy Carr thought deficit was debt. (Probably still thinks.)

Jimmy Carr is a ****. And yes - I have told him that to his face. :D

Thought it was poor last night but quite good last week. When it comes to a choice between this or the BBC News & Question Time there's only one winner and it ain't the BBC. Having said that, managed to catch Will Self on QT - top rant by him.

Totally agree- he may be the most miserable man on the face of the planet but best question i've ever heard on question time...

whats the plan?

WHATS THE PLAN?????

Yeah, this show is all over the place, it has a left wing bias, not letting someone make a very sensible point about the rights of the majority to live outweigh the rights of a wannabe terrorist is a joke! But then to follow it up after the break with discussion basically backing the control orders left me wondering why they couldn't allow the interview to be more balanced.

The interview with the economist chap was very good, he even managed to clarify what the deficit actually is (extra borrowing a year) before again being talked over.

The bit on the Olympic stadium was very funny!

What did they say about the Olympic Stadium then?

Totally agree- he may be the most miserable man on the face of the planet but best question i've ever heard on question time...

whats the plan?

WHATS THE PLAN?????

Why should they have a plan? It's a free country, I don't want some numpty in Parliament telling me what to do with my life.