House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
agmoldham

2011 Halifax Hpi

We've done this for the past couple of years now, so it's time to look into the crystal ball again ...

2010 Predictions

2009 Predictions

Although my 2009 prediction was (in common with everyone else) pretty useless it seems that my 2010 prediction was on the money (if you round to the nearest thousand!) Anyway looking forward to 2011 I suspect it's fairly easy again. Unless the government do a dramtic u-turn on cutting the deficit which seems extremely unlikely, prices can only go down this year. I can see the surprise rebound in 2009 being wiped out so my guess is that we'll see a 5-10% fall and I'll plump for a December 2011 figure of £153k.

We've done this for the past couple of years now, so it's time to look into the crystal ball again ...

2010 Predictions

2009 Predictions

Although my 2009 prediction was (in common with everyone else) pretty useless it seems that my 2010 prediction was on the money (if you round to the nearest thousand!) Anyway looking forward to 2011 I suspect it's fairly easy again. Unless the government do a dramtic u-turn on cutting the deficit which seems extremely unlikely, prices can only go down this year. I can see the surprise rebound in 2009 being wiped out so my guess is that we'll see a 5-10% fall and I'll plump for a December 2011 figure of £153k.

You should reply to those threads and post the actual rises in per cent and £.

Might be helpful.

2010 Predictions

2009 Predictions

*Sticks finger in air*

£159,000

The methodology is pretty complex so you'll have to trust me on this one.

2011 is going to be the year the wheels fall off. From February/March, £3000 a month off for the next year at least.

That's how it shd be, in any sensible world, with the fundamentals how they are....just can't quite bring myself to trust fundamentals though if last 2 years are any guide. Which they're probably not.

Anyway, hope you're right and i'm wrong