House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pauly_Boy

The New 'i' Newspaper

I've been buying it on and off since it came out and I must admit I find it pretty good. I think it's aimed at the cleverer than average 20s and 30s reader. It's generally to the point and covers a wide spread of news including in depth things on important issues.

Regarding it's political position, i havent picked up on any major bias so I'd say it's generally centre and neutral, unlike it's sister paper, the independent, which I have always felt is centre left.

What does everyone think?

I've been buying it on and off since it came out and I must admit I find it pretty good. I think it's aimed at the cleverer than average 20s and 30s reader. It's generally to the point and covers a wide spread of news including in depth things on important issues.

Regarding it's political position, i havent picked up on any major bias so I'd say it's generally centre and neutral, unlike it's sister paper, the independent, which I have always felt is centre left.

I like how they call their news column - 'News Matrix'. Finally an honest paper! :lol:

I've been buying it on and off since it came out and I must admit I find it pretty good. I think it's aimed at the cleverer than average 20s and 30s reader.

My understanding was that it was aimed at people who were too thick/attention-deficient to read a grown-up newspaper - they specifically stated they were targeting the Sun/Daily Mail crowd.

My understanding was that it was aimed at people who were too thick/attention-deficient to read a grown-up newspaper - they specifically stated they were targeting the Sun/Daily Mail crowd.

Really?

They're slogan is clear and concise for people on the go, or something.

tbh, I usually by it because it's more grown up than the mail/sun, but not the size of a bus shelter poster like the usual broad sheets and it's only 20p.

Paying £1+ for a massive paper where u only read 10% of it is pointless imho!

20's and papers don't sit well with me.

people who read yesterdays news are well,yesterdays news.

get online, get on forums and get opinion that isn't profit driven.

they specifically stated they were targeting the Sun/Daily Mail crowd.

They might pick up some DM readers. Not sure about the Sun crowd. Aren't the sports pages the big attraction for men with the Sun? And gossip and showbiz tittle-tattle for the laydeez?

A brave but ultimately foolhardy move IMO. Like launching a new range of standard definition CRT TVs.

The news on BBC3 is good.

Its only about 20secs long so its quick, concise and to the point. And thus most importantly doesnt give the talking heads over at the beeb time to waffle on about how awful everyone except liebour are.

I think all news programmes should be limited to a minute or so long.

The news on BBC3 is good.

Its only about 20secs long so its quick, concise and to the point.

From memory isn't it biased towards the doing of Brad and Angelina and the like and pitched somewhat below Newsround in terms of its intellectual weight.

From memory isn't it biased towards the doing of Brad and Angelina and the like and pitched somewhat below Newsround in terms of its intellectual weight.

Youre thinking of ITV3.

Pretty much newsround standards.

Newsround is Ok, if bedevilled by the same crud throughout the BBC.

Ie not knowing the difference between Debt and deficit, inflation/deflation and so on.

Does it have a bird on page 3 with her chebs out ?

If not then it's not a real paper.

The Metro is good - used to get it when I got the bus to work.

i looks good but haven't read it. To be honest I don't pay for papers, get my news online/from t.v.

i's political position was one thing I was wondering about - you think it's neutral then?

The Metro is good - used to get it when I got the bus to work.

i looks good but haven't read it. To be honest I don't pay for papers, get my news online/from t.v.

i's political position was one thing I was wondering about - you think it's neutral then?

I bought it yesterday. Meh. It's a lite version of the Independent.

Don't now buy any newspaper....we have a very good informative local paper that is free, and another monthly rag that is 20p, the metro was good although it does give you smelly black fingers, but can't complain as it is free and entertaining....the i I have only seen /noticed it once, I picked it up and thought half the pages were missing so put it back...sorry no comment to make.

This site used to show mainly links to the times or telegraph...now all we get is the mail..I don't like the mail, it loves sensationalism and shock...nothing will shock me anymore. ;)