House Price Crash Forum

Best Place To Buy Silver Online?

Serge

HOLA441

Probably already been discussed, but I was wondering where is the best place to buy silver online? Looking to make many smaller purchases (pound cost averaging). C I Silver bullion look the best but I would appreciate some advice. I have given up buying it over the counter, my local coin dealer is charging £35 for silver bullion 1oz coins, these margins seem too high to me.

HOLA442

Probably already been discussed, but I was wondering where is the best place to buy silver online? Looking to make many smaller purchases (pound cost averaging). C I Silver bullion look the best but I would appreciate some advice. I have given up buying it over the counter, my local coin dealer is charging £35 for silver bullion 1oz coins, these margins seem too high to me.

SI silver is hideiously overpriced as is sarnia. There are local coin dealers like Chards of blackpool where you can get silver 1oz for about £24. Junk silver is cheaper as well.

HOLA443

some reputable dealers on ebay and most sell at bullion prices so no real margins of note, just try the ones with the best feedback I guess

I had a big 1 kg bar about 8 years ago sold for double a while back but could have made double that again if I was still holding now

:(

I wouldnt get them just yet though

wait until the current drops have stabilised a bit

there is a lot of manipulation of the silver and gold markets suspected

basically people selling "paper silver" to one another

If however you added it all up you'd find it added up to ten times the silver in existance!

Its almost like the regulators don't even look out their windows isn't it?

Hold that thought

Long long long term you will be glad you bought silver.

INDISPUTABLE FACTS:

1. All fiat curencies in histories have collapsed with spectac hyperinflationary spirals

2. If we have inflation i the middle of a 'kin depression, what would happen in a boom!

3. Oil is running out. There will be no CHEAP oil left in 20-50 years - I don't personally know what that will mean for debt based economies ...

..but I dont think it will all end happily ever after somehow

One of the best safe places to buy online is goldmoney.com. They are Jersey based I think. If you buy enough you can take delivery or they will store it for you.

The market - silver is having acorrective phase. It will most likely go generally up until about the 18th Feb, when my research shows it will then take a much bigger hit. When that is happening, we can wait a bit until it settles. Then I will expect a considerable upswing over the coming months. I will be investing as this unfolds and probably bigtime. Silver is currently the biggest 'short position in history' and it is coming home to roost. That means the pressure is on to pull it back before those that invested large sums short will lose their shirts.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

One of the best safe places to buy online is goldmoney.com.

I use them for silver these days. I've got physical coins but I don't fancy paying VAT on my silver now that the price has risen above Sarnia's limits, so I buy from Goldmoney

HOLA447

One of the best safe places to buy online is goldmoney.com. They are Jersey based I think. If you buy enough you can take delivery or they will store it for you.

The market - silver is having acorrective phase. It will most likely go generally up until about the 18th Feb, when my research shows it will then take a much bigger hit. When that is happening, we can wait a bit until it settles. Then I will expect a considerable upswing over the coming months. I will be investing as this unfolds and probably bigtime. Silver is currently the biggest 'short position in history' and it is coming home to roost. That means the pressure is on to pull it back before those that invested large sums short will lose their shirts.

Please share your thinking about about Feb 18.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm considering Suisse Gold for my next silver purchase:

Johnson Matthey 100 Ounce Silver Bullion Bar

The prices are very competitive (the lowest I've seen) and are quoted in sterling and you can pay in sterling (via wire transfer to a swiss bank account) so only a small charge from the bank and no rip-off foreign exchange rates.

What happens with VAT? You can get Junk silver based on silver content it is £21.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Looking to purchase a bit of silver over the wknd, want 10 x 1 oz denominations, either bars OR coins, preferably new & popular ie maples, libertads etc...

Bullionbypost or a couple of sellers on ebay are coming in just under £280 delivered.

Any other suggestions?

Eagles - http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=1811 - £248 for 10

Philharmonics - http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_92&products_id=2085 - £246 for 10

Maples - http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_14&products_id=2040 - £247 for 10

I use Weighton from time to time - very good service although it usually takes a few days for things to arrive

Postage is usually about £6 on top

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Spot on needsleep, just ordered ten and saved £30!!!

Might treat myself to an emergency sov if they come back to me with the year i want.

Much appreciated, never heared of them before and probably the best uk prices I've seen!

Why is the year important? Gold is gold right?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Eagles - http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=1811 - £248 for 10

Philharmonics - http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_92&products_id=2085 - £246 for 10

Maples - http://www.weightoncoin.co.uk/coins/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_14&products_id=2040 - £247 for 10

I use Weighton from time to time - very good service although it usually takes a few days for things to arrive

Postage is usually about £6 on top

Thanks for the link. The Eagles look good value .

According to Mike Maloney US Eagles have to be made from US silver and there's not much of that left. Eagles will have an additional premium after that point...

HOLA4422

Has anyone used http://www.bullionbypost.co.uk? I've noticed they've had some very good reviews, and have a very competitive price on 1oz Gold Krugerrand coins, even compared to the place needsleep quoted.

There is a better place to buy Kruggerands you can get them as low as £905. If you are looking to buy lots of them fly to HK you can buy battered ones at spot price. (from banks)

HOLA4423

Thanks for the link. The Eagles look good value .

According to Mike Maloney US Eagles have to be made from US silver and there's not much of that left. Eagles will have an additional premium after that point...

good value?

jezus christ dont you guys read any of the other threads?

weighton is £25.99 FOR AN EAGLE, coininvest is £23.02. Their 20 coin investment parcels are way over the odds too. Look around ffs.

HOLA4424

There is a better place to buy Kruggerands you can get them as low as £905. If you are looking to buy lots of them fly to HK you can buy battered ones at spot price. (from banks)

hatton garden metals sell them for £872 and they post them so no need to buy a flight to HK :lol:

HOLA4425