House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Photoshop Me A Fire!

Seems to me that the sky is bluer in photo 1 than in the shots taken in the rear garden.

I've been looking for other examples but the ones I remember well enough to spot the houses aren't on the market anymore... So maybe photoshopping huge fires helps houses sell?

I've been looking for other examples but the ones I remember well enough to spot the houses aren't on the market anymore... So maybe photoshopping huge fires helps houses sell?

I always chuckle when I see every light on in the house. Sure sign its too dark in there.

Seems to me that the sky is bluer in photo 1 than in the shots taken in the rear garden.

Now you mention it, the clouds in Photo 1 are blue. Must be a Devonshire thing, 'cos they're all white or grey other places that I go.

Actually, the saturation of the sky colour will vary masssively depending on the angle you take the photograph compred to the sun.

And also if you underexpose by half a stop.

Looking at 6 & 7, they are obviously taken on the same day (frost on the grass).

However, if the blue sky is photoshopped in, then they are wasted as EA's - I'd like to see someone who can photoshop out clouds from the tree branches quite so well.

I think the cloud was only over one direction, hence the apparent disparity.

Looking at 6 & 7, they are obviously taken on the same day (frost on the grass).

However, if the blue sky is photoshopped in, then they are wasted as EA's - I'd like to see someone who can photoshop out clouds from the tree branches quite so well.

I think the cloud was only over one direction, hence the apparent disparity.

Agreed. I do a LOT of work with photoshop and a lot of the claims on this thread are sadly wrong.

Most amateurs burn out skies when taking pictures of houses, and that leaves pixels around branches that are really hard to disguise.

It's always worth underexposing stuff for this reason and then brightening up the dark bits.

I've seen it lots of times where with a cheap compact camera a very blue sky comes out grey or colourless and from a different angle can look even bluer than it really was.

Help me out as an agent, in your opinions is it wrong to photoshop the sky a bit bluer?

In all honesty I've only ever done it a few times (less than 10), I've better things to do with my time, but I have photoshopped other agents boards out of photos lots of times, is that wrong?

I've seen it lots of times where with a cheap compact camera a very blue sky comes out grey or colourless and from a different angle can look even bluer than it really was.

Help me out as an agent, in your opinions is it wrong to photoshop the sky a bit bluer?

In all honesty I've only ever done it a few times (less than 10), I've better things to do with my time, but I have photoshopped other agents boards out of photos lots of times, is that wrong?

I'd say that was all perfectly acceptable.

Use Adobe Lightroom and you'll get great results from quite a few photos in a matter of minutes.

Maybe it is not "wrong" in the sense that some things are obviously wrong- murder for example- but it is mis-representation. The obvious reason for doing it is to make the property appear more attractive. By the same token, it would probably not be "wrong" to airbrush out a motorway flyover or a electrical pylon either.