House Price Crash Forum
Monkey

Whats The Point Of The British Government?

As per the thread title,

the British Government is useless. Wales, Scotland, And Northern Ireland all have their own Goveernments, but England dont, our Government is the British Government.

its certain policies that "should" be the same across the British Isles, like studen fees, it will be/is only applicable in England, as the other 3 dont want it they get ot choose what THEY want to do. and other many rules/laws etc. it seems silly, why not just cut them loose from the british government, and have 4 spearate [legally] countries.

why not just have a smaller "european" style government. the English get their own government, policies, etc but the Biritsh government overseas the lot, making sure it works. LOL

i dont know what i typed was rambiling or not, but you get my drift.

As per the thread title,

the British Government is useless. Wales, Scotland, And Northern Ireland all have their own Goveernments, but England dont, our Government is the British Government.

its certain policies that "should" be the same across the British Isles, like studen fees, it will be/is only applicable in England, as the other 3 dont want it they get ot choose what THEY want to do. and other many rules/laws etc. it seems silly, why not just cut them loose from the british government, and have 4 spearate [legally] countries.

why not just have a smaller "european" style government. the English get their own government, policies, etc but the Biritsh government overseas the lot, making sure it works. LOL

Yes we could do with some domestic border controls too

If england had its own govt, unless the libs and liebour became one, we'd only ever get tory governments!

Just look at how many councils are tory controlled. IIRC only in 97 did liebour beat tories in no of votes alone if you strip out scotland, wales, ni.

I think the Scottish and Welsh parliaments should be abolished and Great Britain governed as one country, one island nation, like it used to be. It would save a lot of money too. Northern Ireland is a different matter - many would say that we British would be better off without it.

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

I think the Scottish and Welsh parliaments should be abolished and Great Britain governed as one country, one island nation, like it used to be. It would save a lot of money too. Northern Ireland is a different matter - many would say that we British would be better off without it.

I agree with all but the idea of leaving Northern Ireland, it is part of Great Britain and we should value it as part of the Union. In fact I think that we should take back the rest as well. Our Government is sh*t, but their's is worse and perhaps as a complete set of islands we would all be better off.

.....the idea of leaving Northern Ireland, it is part of Great Britain and we should value it as part of the Union.
To be pedantic, Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain, it's part of the UK - or to use the full term 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

'Great Britain' is a geographical term denoting the island that comprises England, Wales and Scotland and their associated offshore islands like the Orkneys or Scilly Isles. The UK was originally the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland' until the Republic of Ireland gained independence in 1922, after which 'Northern' was added to the title.

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

To be pedantic, Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain, it's part of the UK - or to use the full term 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

'Great Britain' is a geographical term denoting the island that comprises England, Wales and Scotland and their associated offshore islands like the Orkneys or Scilly Isles. The UK was originally the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland' until the Republic of Ireland gained independence in 1922, after which 'Northern' was added to the title.

Thank you for the geography lesson.

As per the thread title,

In de facto terms, Britain no longer exists. The growth of separatist regionalism through devolved parliaments has fractured the UK. Moreover, the effect of mass immigration has diluted what it means to be British (remember Robin Cook's speech on the topic back in 1999?).

The methodology of regional fractiousness and non European immigration are stealthy tools of the elite. What better way of creating a federal European superstate through the imposition of European law via regional parliaments and dilution of national European identities?

The final phase of the Eurostate is near: Britain's military is facing forced merger with French and German 'assets' on the basis of a contrived financial background.

Interesting times indeed. Jean Monnet's methodology has worked a treat eh?

In de facto terms, Britain no longer exists. The growth of separatist regionalism through devolved parliaments has fractured the UK. Moreover, the effect of mass immigration has diluted what it means to be British (remember Robin Cook's speech on the topic back in 1999?).

The methodology of regional fractiousness and non European immigration are stealthy tools of the elite. What better way of creating a federal European superstate through the imposition of European law via regional parliaments and dilution of national European identities?

The final phase of the Eurostate is near: Britain's military is facing forced merger with French and German 'assets' on the basis of a contrived financial background.

Interesting times indeed. Jean Monnet's methodology has worked a treat eh?

Yes. Agreed

The concept of a nation state like Britain is only 300 years old anyway and a minature EU, considering how truly fragmented and localised Britain was for many centuries since the 5th century AD. The regional accents and dialects are somewhat toned down to what they were half a century ago. And we'll be militarily dependent on either Europe or America, no other way, especially in light of that laughable incident in Libya and finding out too late how horribly, horribly expensive sustaining a reasonably effective navy and air force is by ourselves, while plunging a relatively small land army into almost ten years straight of solid fighting. We've been doing it to ourselves, not the Europeans.

Edited by Big Orange