House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Should We As Men Complain To Ofcom About Loose Women?

In light of what's gone off with Gray/Keys should men take a stand and complain bitterly about the next sexiest jibe that is broadcast on Loose Womem to Ofcom?

Gray/Keys said what they did in private and it wasn't for broadcast and yet men are routinely mocked and this is somehow acceptable because it's men at the butt of the joke rather than a woman.

So I propose someone watches loose women in a Mary Whitehouse type mentality and gets offended by something you could easily turn off or not even bother watching. Once we have the evidence we all complain to Ofcom about the offensive material, even if we've not watched it which seems an acceptable way of complaining.

Of course I expect the complaint to be rejected because well you can't be sexist about a man. This is a PC experiment to see what would happen.

Can anyone think of one example where a complaint was upheld over what a woman has said about a man on TV?

There is a difference between comedy and harmless banter...it has all got to be taken in context, knowing that your words or actions will not harm anothers' feelings.....some men or women for that matter do not like or respect the opposite sex, maybe they feel they are a threat or competition, or having a laugh dissing the opposite sex to be in with their mates,'in the in crowd'....an old fashioned cultural thing.

There are some very nice men about not like that, that are a dab hand at the washing up and not that bad at changing nappies, I know I have met them. ;)

Only one problem with this plan - I would have to watch it !!

I am about to do my own bit for us blokes. Going to complain to local council about 'women only' session for my local swimming pool.

If they brush me off I will go to the equalities commision.

Here is a link to the timetable.

Ladies only

I fail to see how I can be unsuccessful with this ? Anyone see any problems or anything I have missed ?

I am just going to ask for a similar time slot for 'Men only'.

I really dont see how they could decline the request. Unless I have missed something - they dont have a leg to stand on.

well women taking the piss out of men, whether on or off air and intentional or not, doesn't bother me.

after all, if they take it too far it's nothing a quick haymaker won't sort out.*

* if the offending party is a munter.

In light of what's gone off with Gray/Keys should men take a stand and complain bitterly about the next sexiest jibe that is broadcast on Loose Womem to Ofcom?

If you watch and are offended by the talk on loose women then you should by all rights complain.

After that you can then send a letter to the PM because a woman skipped you in the queue at the library . Ffs what sort of culture do we live in where men's feelings are hurt by word's. Are you the kind of person who is offended by swearing too ?

In the words of R.keys "do me a favour , love"

Gray/Keys said what they did in private and it wasn't for broadcast and yet men are routinely mocked and this is somehow acceptable because it's men at the butt of the joke rather than a woman.

So I propose someone watches loose women in a Mary Whitehouse type mentality and gets offended by something you could easily turn off or not even bother watching. Once we have the evidence we all complain to Ofcom about the offensive material, even if we've not watched it which seems an acceptable way of complaining.

Of course I expect the complaint to be rejected because well you can't be sexist about a man. This is a PC experiment to see what would happen.

Can anyone think of one example where a complaint was upheld over what a woman has said about a man on TV?

I think it's a tad pointless in relation to that show because very few people watch it anyway and those who do aren't worth worrying about. Also, it's not quite the same in that theose haridans are merely having a go at men in general, rather than a specific person. Then again, there are undoubtedly certain things that can be said or done against or in relation to men which you would never get away with if it were the other way round. One that springs to mind is an advert for something or other - cold remedy or something - where the woman pulls a lever and ejects her bloke off the sofa and out of the window because he annoyed her. If, say, a beer commercial showed a bloke doing the same thing to his bird because she was nagging him the femminists would be rioting in the streets.

It would be interesting to raise a complaint if a woman ever made comments about a particular bloke in the fashion of the two idiots from sky, although I can't think of many situations in which it would occur.

If you watch and are offended by the talk on loose women then you should by all rights complain.

After that you can then send a letter to the PM because a woman skipped you in the queue at the library . Ffs what sort of culture do we live in where men's feelings are hurt by word's. Are you the kind of person who is offended by swearing too ?

I don't think that's the point being made. It's more the case that lots of people feel that some sections of society are allowed to say and do things which others aren't.

I don't think that the loose women situation is comparable to the football commentators thing though as the context is different. Having said that, if someone were to pitch a similar programme which involved blokes having a blokey chat and coming out with similar comments relating to women as women do about men we know that it would never get commissioned. Although never having seen the show in question (apart from about 30 seconds when my bird is off work) I can't really comment on it's content.

I don't think that's the point being made. It's more the case that lots of people feel that some sections of society are allowed to say and do things which others aren't.

I don't think that the loose women situation is comparable to the football commentators thing though as the context is different. Having said that, if someone were to pitch a similar programme which involved blokes having a blokey chat and coming out with similar comments relating to women as women do about men we know that it would never get commissioned. Although never having seen the show in question (apart from about 30 seconds when my bird is off work) I can't really comment on it's content.

Yep that is my only issue with this. If birds want to sit and laugh at blokes and make fun of us ? Feel free. I really don't care. However if they then tell me I cannot say certain things because they will get 'offended' ?

****** em. They are not having their cake and eating it.

Of course I'm offended by swearing you fooking numpty hunt.

Ah so thats it, they can say what they want but us MEN can't so were going to complain en masse to the regulator cause some women said we were lazy,scratch our balls all day and fart at will. What happened to the strong man, in fact if theres more than 3 people offended by whats said on some womens daytime show i would amazed.

No. I will not be that someone. You will have to hunt high and low to find a male fool enough to sit through an entire episode of that.

Ah so thats it, they can say what they want but us MEN can't so were going to complain en masse to the regulator cause some women said we were lazy,scratch our balls all day and fart at will. What happened to the strong man, in fact if theres more than 3 people offended by whats said on some womens daytime show i would amazed.

The strong man is to stand up to these birds and tell them they are not getting away with it. ;)

These blokes have lost their jobs for saying things that women are allowed to say. It is a pretty serious subject.

You calling them fat now. Shame on you.

You ever seen Loose woman :lol:

Only one problem with this plan - I would have to watch it !!

I am about to do my own bit for us blokes. Going to complain to local council about 'women only' session for my local swimming pool.

If they brush me off I will go to the equalities commision.

Here is a link to the timetable.

Ladies only

I fail to see how I can be unsuccessful with this ? Anyone see any problems or anything I have missed ?

I am just going to ask for a similar time slot for 'Men only'.

I really dont see how they could decline the request. Unless I have missed something - they dont have a leg to stand on.

Mmmmm "Men Only" swimming sessions... I wonder what sort of men would turn up... and if they'd be a distinct lack of swimming shorts?

Your plan may not work out as expected. Make sure you take your own shower gel on a rope, so you're not having to bend down to collect ;-)

Mmmmm "Men Only" swimming sessions... I wonder what sort of men would turn up... and if they'd be a distinct lack of swimming shorts?

Your plan may not work out as expected. Make sure you take your own shower gel on a rope, so you're not having to bend down to collect ;-)

I don't know if I would actually go :lol:

Anyway I am sure there are a lot of fat blokes out there who are a bit shy re. their body. Why can't they have a 'special' time like the birds do ?

Women (being incompetent) are a protected class, men (being competent) are not.

I agree. Women ,children and animals need to be protected by men and never abused verbally or physically. It makes women and children feel secure if they are allowed to make fun of men in the knowledge that there is no retribution. It keeps them warm and happy and that is a good thing. Any abuse from males to females, children and animals makes them feel very vunerable and that is a bad thing

I don't know if I would actually go :lol:

Anyway I am sure there are a lot of fat blokes out there who are a bit shy re. their body. Why can't they have a 'special' time like the birds do ?

....did you see this

;)

I think it's a tad pointless in relation to that show because very few people watch it anyway and those who do aren't worth worrying about. Also, it's not quite the same in that theose haridans are merely having a go at men in general, rather than a specific person. Then again, there are undoubtedly certain things that can be said or done against or in relation to men which you would never get away with if it were the other way round. One that springs to mind is an advert for something or other - cold remedy or something - where the woman pulls a lever and ejects her bloke off the sofa and out of the window because he annoyed her. If, say, a beer commercial showed a bloke doing the same thing to his bird because she was nagging him the femminists would be rioting in the streets.

It would be interesting to raise a complaint if a woman ever made comments about a particular bloke in the fashion of the two idiots from sky, although I can't think of many situations in which it would occur.

Come on. TV/films are full of degrading attitudes to women! Its just that many men don't realise it since they're not the targets...