House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Byron

Should Lawyers Be Banned From Advertising Like Before?

Had a phone call this morning from an Indian guy, probably a call centre. He annouced himself as Ali calling from some Accident Compensation outfit.

He then went on to say that they could recover thousands of pounds if I had been involved in an accident in the past 2 years. WhenI said, no, He went on to enquire if any of my family or even friends had been involved in accident.

Clearly fishing for business.

As the likely people of his trawl would have put their accident down to experience and got on with life, I felt annoyed by this call which will only go to inflate Insurance premiums and line lawyers pockets.

They were not allowed to do this before, obviously with good reason.

I got a call like this last year only I wasn't in so they kindly left my mother in law with the impression that I had been hurt in a car crash.

Caused a bit ofa drama I can tell you, bloody with held number too so I didn't even have anywhere to complain to.

This was a change of legislation that probably shouldn't have happened! :huh:

Has anyone else had the "debt management" automated phone call?

If a call shows as from an 08** number, just don't answer it.

Almost every bloody day (it's the same number, and judging by the one time I was in and answered the phone without checking that's what it is), despite the TPS.

I got a call like this last year only I wasn't in so they kindly left my mother in law with the impression that I had been hurt in a car crash.

Caused a bit ofa drama I can tell you, bloody with held number too so I didn't even have anywhere to complain to.

You can ban witheld numbers from calling you for a small fee on BT landlines, however, I suspect the 1471 message would be "we do not ha[]ve the p[]ersons number to return the[] call (sic degoo[]gled)... which is different to a witheld number and usually means the call came from a different network or maybe Skype based phone. You can't, at the moment, ban these numbers.

I love it when they call from a call center in india and start by saying

"hello, my name is john..."

Always makes me laugh.

Someone ran into wifey last year, the insurance company have their own ambulance chasers on the books now. We had several calls and a claim pack from the ambulance chasers before the car was even assessed.