House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nationalist

Haven't We Seen This Woman Recently?

She's one of women in the life of sacked SKY presenter Andy Gray. See Daily Mail article here.

article-1350591-0C591C98000005DC-839_306x423.jpg

Something about couldn't sell her Spanish flat because of negative equity?

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=156030

article-1337826-0C591C98000005DC-369_468x286.jpg

Negative equity is a real fear for Sarah Drane, who bought her property in Spain five years ago for 194,000 euros (£162,000) after moving to the Costa del Sol to work.

Sarah, 32, who has her own public relations company, the Purple Cake Factory, moved to Majorca a year ago, but was reluctant to sell her property in Ojen, near Marbella, in case the move did not work out.

However, she now regrets her decision as she currently has it on the market for 25,000 euros less than she paid for it - and if the price falls any lower, she will have to find additional cash to pay off the rest of the mortgage.

'If it goes any lower, I will be in negative equity,' she says. 'It is the first property I have bought and I feel as if I have failed. Everyone else goes up property ladders, and I feel like I am going down one.'

There is an urgent need for Sarah to sell the property in Ojen as her rent in Majorca is 750 euros a month, slightly less than her mortgage payments. She cannot afford to keep both going.

'If I let it, I would only get 400 euros a month, not enough to cover the mortgage,' she says. 'I have it on with a local agent, but some of the bigger agents have not even bothered to get back to me.'

Various taxes apply to owners of Spanish property - whether they are resident in Spain or not. Most deadlines fall on December 31.

Spanish authorities are becoming stricter in collecting and investigating taxes owed, partly as a response to the country's financial problems. Spain is liaising more with Revenue & Customs to help cut evasion.

There was no mention of her being Andy Gray's missus in the original article. You did well to remember the photo, that's some epic cleavage-spotting.

Interestingly her age appears to have gone down from 32 in the original article of December last year, to 31 in today's article.

Exactly what is a public relations company?

Is it just a collecion of soundbitists, Millenium dome boosters, have your pie in the sky and eat it. butter your toast on both sides and not get stick fingers at the enders?

There was no mention of her being Andy Gray's missus in the original article. You did well to remember the photo, that's some epic cleavage-spotting.

Interestingly her age appears to have gone down from 32 in the original article of December last year, to 31 in today's article.

Thanks. Maybe she's just a generic lady-on-beach used by the DM to illustrate any article with a Spanish connection. They should have a warning: actual girlfriend may differ from this image! ;)

Exactly what is a public relations company?

Is it just a collecion of soundbitists, Millenium dome boosters, have your pie in the sky and eat it. butter your toast on both sides and not get stick fingers at the enders?

And they always have stupid names, usually including food and colours. Like, how CREATIVE.

She's one of women in the life of sacked SKY presenter Andy Gray. See Daily Mail article

You have just shot straight to number 1 HPC cleavage rememberer from nowhere!!

I wonder how Christina is doing from the original article

Christina, 47, from Pimlico, west London, bought the property for 300,000 euros in 2008 . As head of the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce in London, Christina has a good grasp of the country's economy and is upbeat about the prospects for her property.

Even if Portugal left the euro and returned to using the escudo, she believes the impact would not necessarily be negative - and might even increase property prices.

Now would be a bad time to sell, she believes, as many properties have gone on sale because 'people have taken fright' at the country's financial malaise. But if she was offered 320,000 euros (£266,000), she would probably sell and reinvest in Britain.

Christina says: 'I'm confident that if I sit on it for a year or 18 months, I will be OK because then I will have more than one buyer to choose from.'

She's one of women in the life of sacked SKY presenter Andy Gray. See Daily Mail article here.

article-1350591-0C591C98000005DC-839_306x423.jpg

Titillating

Adj.

1. titillating - pleasantly and superficially exciting; exciting - creating or arousing excitement; "an exciting account of her trip"

2. titillating - giving sexual pleasure; sexually arousing erotic ;sexy - marked by or tending to arouse sexual desire or interest; "feeling sexy"; "sexy clothes"; "sexy poses"; "a sexy book"; "sexy jokes"

3. titillating - exciting by touching lightly so as to cause laughter or twitching movements;

tickling, tingling exciting - creating or arousing excitement; "an exciting account of her trip"