House Price Crash Forum
Bruce Banner

Uncontrollable Boom In Housing - David Cameron P M Qs

Cameron just referred to the "uncontrollable boom in housing" under Labour :D.

Damn.

If the govt come out saying HPI is bad, lots of the press will revert to explaining how HPI is essential to the wecovewy.

They are prepping the masses for big drops, no coincidence that Liar Loans are being discussed elsewhere in the media today? Soon they will be calling them "Browns Liar Loans", and I`m not kidding. Sheeple will be falling over themselves to dump property this spring and summer.

Edited by dances with sheeple

Typical Tory billox, he cant see the wood for the trees, it was a controlled portfolio redistribution by canny entrepreneurs. I blame the milk snatcher

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

They are prepping the masses for big drops, no coincidence that Liar Loans are being discussed elsewhere in the media today? Soon they will be calling them "Browns Liar Loans", and I`m not kidding. Sheeple will be falling over themselves to dump property this spring and summer.

that made me day-dream for a moment.

Have noticed a trickle of media coverage starting to question the wisdom of HPI in recent months. Expect this to grow in coming months, as media hacks pretend that they knew it was a bubble all along...

Have noticed a trickle of media coverage starting to question the wisdom of HPI in recent months. Expect this to grow in coming months, as media hacks pretend that they knew it was a bubble all along...

:lol: Too true.

They are prepping the masses for big drops, no coincidence that Liar Loans are being discussed elsewhere in the media today?

Soon they will be calling them "Browns Liar Loans", and I`m not kidding. Sheeple will be falling over themselves to dump property this spring and summer.

The stupid 'pack of cards' (property ladder) is about to collapse.

What with Mr King and the PM giving us some prior notice for when TSHF it don't look too clever does it!

About time the truth appeared. :unsure:

Have noticed a trickle of media coverage starting to question the wisdom of HPI in recent months. Expect this to grow in coming months, as media hacks pretend that they knew it was a bubble all along get shot of their BTL...

Yes, I think you have a point there. The media now seem to be sending out the message that property drops are coming.

For example, I just heard an itv news summary, and in relation to the story that mortgage lending has gone down again, they said "potential buyers avoided the housing market".

A suggestion there, that no one wants to buy until prices come down?

Uncontrollable? Or uncontrolled? There is a difference.

I watched 10 minutes of PMQs and had to switch off. Why are the Tories being so "gentlemanly" about criticising the previous government? They really don't seem to want to nail them. Why didn't Cameron say "housing bubble" rather than "housing boom"? Why didn't he mention fraud and liar loans? Why didn't he specifically say the Labour government encouraged people to take on massive debts to buy overpriced houses and the banks boomed accordingly? Why doesn't he just say that Labour ran the economy into the ground and that you can't carry on borrowing and pissing money up the wall to pretend to create real sustainable jobs?" Why put the pain and bad news off? Why maintain the delusion? (sorry for so many questions!)

It must be for fear of scaring the horses - "PM says houses are too expensive", "PM says people should have less debt"...followed a few months later by "housing market crashed due to Cameron". But what it means is that Labour are getting away with it and the Tories will be getting the blame for the recession. I thought Cameron made it far too easy for Miliband today. If he carries on like that it'll be a Labour government at the next election and all bets will be off with the IMF booking their tickets to Heathrow.

Edited by mikthe20

I think "boom" is the wrong word really and sounds quite a good thing. We could do with a "boom" in the sense of getting a lot more houses built. Uncontrollable Bubble in Housing would have been much better!

Yes, I think it was this morning, on radio 4, "liar loans"! :D:D

Spring flood!!! :D

Good day today. :D

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Excellent! He is listening to Cable after all! :D Brilliant! They do get it!

...Just five years too late.

Where was he when it was going on?

Oh yes - in opposition - he should have been shouting it from the rooftops then. Now, it's too late.