House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

Sarah O`grady

Whenever the Express run its weekly front page hpi ramping articles, the "journalist" is usually Sarah O`Grady. She seems to write about nothing else, other than hpi ramping. The only thing of relevance about her on Google, is the fact that she is married to a tory MP, Stewart Jackson, who was involved in the expenses scandal. It does appear that she has a vested interest in ramping. Question is, whether it is legal to peddle it as "fact".

Whenever the Express run its weekly front page hpi ramping articles, the "journalist" is usually Sarah O`Grady. She seems to write about nothing else, other than hpi ramping. The only thing of relevance about her on Google, is the fact that she is married to a tory MP, Stewart Jackson, who was involved in the expenses scandal. It does appear that she has a vested interest in ramping. Question is, whether it is legal to peddle it as "fact".

Stuart Jackson is MP for Peterborough, apparently has a very nice swimming pool which we pay to maintain. Allegedly some constituents turned up for a swim at the height of the scandal as they'd helped pay for it!

Many MPs are "entrepreneurs" (multiple house owners) and the VI is powerful. I hope the HPC detsorys them and their greed and that a future government will represent the interests of the nation for a change.

My submitted comment to today's latest tripe. You'll get some good odds on whether they actually publish it:

Well, Sarah O'Grady is married to an MP and works for a boss who owns half a billion quid's worth of property. So, she should know all about trying to make profit from houses.

Here's an idea Sarah - why don't you interview one of the millions of young people who have been completely priced out of the market instead of this vested interest cr*p you keep churning out?

Alternatively, you could wait for a few years and then tell us your reaction when your daughter asks you for 50K so she can help put a deposit down on a dingy two bed terrace.

My submitted comment to today's latest tripe. You'll get some good odds on whether they actually publish it:

Well, Sarah O'Grady is married to an MP and works for a boss who owns half a billion quid's worth of property. So, she should know all about trying to make profit from houses.

Here's an idea Sarah - why don't you interview one of the millions of young people who have been completely priced out of the market instead of this vested interest cr*p you keep churning out?

Alternatively, you could wait for a few years and then tell us your reaction when your daughter asks you for 50K so she can help put a deposit down on a dingy two bed terrace.

Plenty of other good comments, this one 5 below yours was the most interesting given the south-east's stubbornness to HP decrease so far (Could always have been one of us though...):

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY BUY THE EXPRESS ANYMORE?

26.01.11, 6:03am

does anyone actually buy The Express anymore?

probably not,

and not surprising with headlines like this!

i live in mid-bucks and i work in the property industry and i can assure you nobody is selling anything round here and confidence is at an all time low. we reckon on falls of around 15% for 2011

There was a thread on the Editor's Code Review, in which someone suggested to Ian Beales (who was doing the review) that House Prices should be scrutinised in the same way as other aspects of financial journalism. I email my support for it, but the review is now closed (as of 21st Jan).

Press Complaints Commission for bias reporting/non-disclosure of vested interests?

God, I was so WORRIED that houses were going to get cheaper.

I need prices to rocket, so that mum and dad's house will be worth as much as possible. Then they can re-mortgage and give me their equity as a deposit on a house of my own.

I mean, I'm 44 now, and dad's in his 70s, so I can't put it off any longer! It's time to get on the ladder. By the time I'm 85, I could own my own home, and be ready to remortgage for my offspring!

Ok who trolled this? There is no way this is serious. :o:unsure:

edit: grammar.

Edited by IWantItNow