House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
'Bart'

Gold's Dream Climb Expected To Plateau In 2012

Saw this on Kitco, seems to assume a fair bit:

Gold's dream climb expected to plateau in 2012: Reuters poll

Gold should build on last year's stellar gains in 2011 to hit record highs, boosted by low interest rates, dollar weakness and lingering worry over growth in major economies, a Reuters poll showed on Tuesday.

But prices could plateau in 2012 as the global economy gathers momentum, quantitative easing measures that have flooded the markets with cheap money are reined in and interest rates turn higher, analysts say.

LINK

"Global economy gathers momentum..." Gathers? :blink:

QE reigned in?

Higher interest rates? Wouldn't they have to rise to something like 6% after tax just to maintain purchasing power?

Your thoughts please.

Saw this on Kitco, seems to assume a fair bit:

LINK

"Global economy gathers momentum..." Gathers? :blink:

QE reigned in?

Higher interest rates? Wouldn't they have to rise to something like 6% after tax just to maintain purchasing power?

Your thoughts please.

I think they are talking BS, although I am not heavily in gold I prefer silver tbh, in that the printers will never be turned off. It is exactly like Injin stated, if they default how do they get people to come to work tomorrow? Thus they stealth default by printing. QE2 will occur this year in the UK, USA QE3 is going to happen.

just some economic experts predicting the future, i'm sure it will all pan out just as they say :)

edit:

If you exchange fiat for gold its to retain a store of value/wealth, anything else is for traders/speculators.

Edited by i'm Alan Partridge

I think they are talking BS

It all seems to be hugely optimistic. More wish fulfillment than accurate predictions.

just some economic experts predicting the future, i'm sure it will all pan out just as they say

Exactly. I think spending too much time on here has trned me into a nervous nellie.

It all seems to be hugely optimistic. More wish fulfillment than accurate predictions.

Exactly. I think spending too much time on here has trned me into a nervous nellie.

While that maybe true.... I can't see debasement of money stopping any time soon. Conventional or of the Wemar kind!