House Price Crash Forum

Ordered To Dismantle House Cum Boat On Norfolk Broads.

HOLA441

Mind you if they'd kept it to single storey it might have had more chance of being regarded as a "boat" and cost even less to build - as well as not stuck out so much.

If they were proper they would have actually built it from the hull up and had one floor in the hull and the other above. as it is they just lazily built a 20ft high shed on a dumb barge. If i was with the broads authority and feeling evil i would give them 6 months to do as she said and install an engine. I would want to be on another boat when they did the sea trials though, with a video camera.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I read all of the comments before looking at the video. I burst out laughing. That is blatantly a wooden house built on the hull of a boat.

Why dont they move it? It hasnt got a motor, any way of steering, wouldnt fit under any bridges, would tip over and sink.

They tried it on and got caught. They have only wasted £5k so it isnt the end of the world. The authorities are 100% right on this one imo.

HOLA445

1. It isn't the prettiest area...

2. What harm is she doing?

3. Why sould we have planning laws anyway?

4. I've seen worse.

Playing Devil's Advocate here because I hate the mean,petty minded planners too.I had fourteen years as a Councillor dealing with the blaggards.The point however is that if it is permitted a precedent has been set so that anyone else can come along and do the same.It is a nice area though,I can thoroughly recommend Harley's Cafe across the road.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Playing Devil's Advocate here because I hate the mean,petty minded planners too.I had fourteen years as a Councillor dealing with the blaggards.The point however is that if it is permitted a precedent has been set so that anyone else can come along and do the same.It is a nice area though,I can thoroughly recommend Harley's Cafe across the road.

I also think they are idiots, I completely agree with the philosophy of living on a boat to escape artificially high living costs however it needs to be done properly- with an actual boat not some planks of wood hammered together. Personally I have a better method of escaping the high living costs, expatriate.

HOLA448

If they were proper they would have actually built it from the hull up and had one floor in the hull and the other above. as it is they just lazily built a 20ft high shed on a dumb barge. If i was with the broads authority and feeling evil i would give them 6 months to do as she said and install an engine. I would want to be on another boat when they did the sea trials though, with a video camera.

If its a Thames Lighter which they have used, there is plenty of living space in the hull alone. Bear in mind there is no engine. Its just a huge great space. So I think these guys are being greedy with a double decker.

HOLA449
HOLA4410