House Price Crash Forum

Radio 4: File On 4: Homes But No Loans

athom

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xppmm

Homes but no loans.

Despite the threat of a new slide in house prices and rising levels of negative equity, the number of property-buyers having their homes repossessed has declined over the past year. But now many economists predict interest rates will rise in the course of 2011, fuelling fears that Britain's housing market could be facing a double dip. With banks chasing profits and affordable mortgages harder to find. Michael Robinson asks what impact the new housing freeze will have on Britain's already battered economy.

Must surely be a good old bear fest. My only complaint will be the inevitable insistence that lower house prices are a "bad thing"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

And with todays news, the suggested IR rises now look hopelessly optimistic :angry:

i'm still expecting the unexpectable.

Anyway things looking bleak simultaneously on all fronts makes me feel an IR rise might not be so necessary for the HPC, plenty of other grease on the pole.

HOLA444

i'm still expecting the unexpectable.

Anyway things looking bleak simultaneously on all fronts makes me feel an IR rise might not be so necessary for the HPC, plenty of other grease on the pole.

on now. I think this program will miss the point slighty though given the summary. Seem to be grovelling on about no lending, can't sell, can't buy. Nothing to so woth the fact the house market is still chronically overpriced.

Ona good point...the Doc sounds scrummy!

Edited by geed

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

bugger :D I'm missing it now will have to do the podcast on the way to work but sounds better than i hoped for B)

It's quite bearish. Full of sob stories, poor people can't get unaffordable mortgages, poor old SMI couple set to lose home...

Actually not about potential rate rises.

Edited by Pent Up

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425