House Price Crash Forum
Malkin

Hpc Looms As Penny Drops

This topic caught my eye today on a football messageboard, the news is spreading fast:

http://members.board...1295956993.html

Once sheeple collectively remember that it happened before, and realise that it is happening again,only bigger, it is game over for the housing market. Without credit it already is game over actually.

Yep. Whilst I do hear a lot of 'Why aren't people buying this is a great time to buy ?!' The vast majority who are saying this are trying to sell their own place and wondering why it isn't going anywhere.

I also hear a lot of people talking about prices falling, friends unable to sell, trying to rent it out etc...

The whole mantra of 'You cannot go wrong with property' has certainly been wiped from the mindset of most British people. And with that I don't see how a long slow decline will not happen.

Sentiment is one of the biggest factors for a HPC, and it certainly seems to have swung in our favour.

We will only have a HPC when we manage to prise property out of the cold dead hands of the masses. We still have some way to go there.

Another recent football forum. Subject is mortgages.

Whilst there is the usual 'This is a great time to buy' - there is also a shit load of fear. And also a fair bit of thinking about what may happen with this and may happen with that. Sort of thing most didn't even consider a few years ago. Massive change in sentiment.

Although the 'shared equity' chat is amusing. Seems you cannot go wrong. 'When you sell up for a profit..'

Eh - what if there is no profit !!

Mortgages

HPC Looms

If i had a penny for how many times have i seen this or similar posted here i would have well over £10 pounds. Take solace in the fact that even a broken watch is right twice a day*

*Unless its digital or either the big or little hand has fell off

The link to the board the OP provided is about Part Ownership schemes.

Anecdotally, I know of a guy who bought a house using the "Open Market Homebuy" scheme. This company own 23% of his house. He reckons that after a year of being in the house, that he's only paid £1200 of the capital of the mortgage on the remaining 77% :o

Once sheeple collectively remember that it happened before, and realise that it is happening again,only bigger, it is game over for the housing market. Without credit it already is game over actually.

The wise ones got out 2 years ago.

I got out 2yrs ago and all I've seen happen in my area is prices go up <_<

Gold is also up about 50% in that period, what your seeing is actually a devaluation of the British currency rather than actual gains

Edited by punter

Once sheeple collectively remember that it happened before, and realise that it is happening again,only bigger

God I love YouTube.