House Price Crash Forum
cardiffone

Developers Dream

According to estate agent Darlows blurb on the right move, "this is a developers dream"....only 250K + demolition and building costs, oh because it has planning permission to build 3 small properties...

when the average house price in that street is 96K!

Not too mention prices are falling rapidly in Newport....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32266343.html

Edited by cardiffone

That agent is great

WHAT A FIND A rare opportunity to purchase a bungalow set in Sunnybank, Bassaleg. Benefitting from panoramic views to the rear of open countryside, watch the horses jump free from your sunny conservatory.

This property really does has to be viewed to be fully appreciate!!! Risca road, is located just off the Handpost area within staggering distance to the City Centre. Benefiting from four bedrooms and on a corner plot with parki

Edited by northwestsmith2

St. Julians is the burglary capital of Newport, and next to Maindee, which is well, a shi thole. Having said that you could build a number of flats on the plot and then rent them out to the burgeoning immigrant and employed youth population. All paid for by the state of course.

St. Julians is the burglary capital of Newport, and next to Maindee, which is well, a shit thole. Having said that you could build a number of flats on the plot and then rent them out to the burgeoning immigrant and employed youth population. All paid for by the state of course.

I used to live in St Julians, and guess what I got burgled...

Even with flats you would be struggling to get you investment back.

You would need to make around 400K just to break even...

That agent is great

Just had a look at the Darlows listing, Newport is overpriced by at least 50%.

I used to live in St Julians, and guess what I got burgled...

Even with flats you would be struggling to get you investment back.

You would need to make around 400K just to break even...

You have to get into the mind of a professional BTLer and look at the long term :lol:

Edit to add I was working in Grangetown, Cardiff yesterday, can't say what but I was there for most of the day, observing. There is a terrace for sale (Darlows) at £165k which on the face of it doesn't sound too bad, however the street is complete with drug dealers, drug dealing and anti social behavior. £165k to live in a slum...bonkers

Edited by Mr. Miyagi

ever heard of a slip of the keyboard...?

Yep, I make slip ups all the time, just love that website and pointing out this particular error :P

p.s. strange how nobody dlips up between 'do' and 'doo', or 'keyboard and keybooard'....