House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Roseland69

An Interesting Thread On Digital Spy (Of All Places)

And is post number 45 Eric Pebble?!

The thread starter is an utter moron of course, complete Labour shill. But DS is one of the largest forums on the net, certainly in the UK. A wide readership then....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1428543

I wouldn't say that Digital Spy members are the average Joe though. I would say that the people there are mostly way above average intelligence

I wouldn't say that Digital Spy members are the average Joe though. I would say that the people there are mostly way above average intelligence

Having seen the standard of spelling/grammar I'm not too sure about that .... :P

Anyway, despite the fact that the masses are fiscal cretins and generally pretty ignorant there are quite a few people around with a brain and who can see through the dumbed down media prolefeed and think for themselves. It's just nowhere near enough to make a difference unfortunately and their point of view never makes it into the mainstream.

Having seen the standard of spelling/grammar I'm not too sure about that .... :P

Anyway, despite the fact that the masses are fiscal cretins and generally pretty ignorant there are quite a few people around with a brain and who can see through the dumbed down media prolefeed and think for themselves. It's just nowhere near enough to make a difference unfortunately and their point of view never makes it into the mainstream.

They can read and write though - that has got to be a good start ;)

There are quite a few savvy people around I agree but I suspect that they are over represented online especially on sites like this one or indeed even Digital Spy. I've noticed that online polls rarely reflect the general publics views accurately

Sites like facebook probably have a membership more reflective of the average and even that is probably skewed in favour of the more intelligent

It is very easy to fool the masses and sites like this just give the savvy amongst us a place to rattle our chains in disgust

Edited by Tortoise

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

As a nation, Britain is well endowed with the terminally stupid. They've watched Krusty and seen their home as a cashpoint, borrowed money that was thrown at them, and then they moan when their children can't afford a place to live.

They cannot see the connection though.

Then they moan about prices in pubs, in supermarkets, at the petrol pump. They moan when it's twenty euros for fish and chips in Benidorm, and even at that point they don't have the faintest idea why their holiday pound buys so little.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

As a nation, Britain is well endowed with the terminally stupid. They've watched Krusty and seen their home as a cashpoint, borrowed money that was thrown at them, and then they moan when their children can't afford a place to live.

They cannot see the connection though.

Then they moan about prices in pubs, in supermarkets, at the petrol pump. They moan when it's twenty euros for fish and chips in Benidorm, and even at that point they don't have the faintest idea why their holiday pound buys so little.

Agreed. A friend on the phone the other today said the cake she was making was going as wrong as that Chinese guy Pete Tong :blink:

Digital spy is filled with morons.

I especially like to read their posters reviews of comedy series.

Basically, Lee Nelson, Walliams and the bald gay one, Katy Brand and every other unfunny fecker out there has them in stitches.

If you want to know what sort of people laugh uncontrollably for the next hour or so after they fart, look no further than digital spy.

I sometimes think the forum is actually some kind of front for BBC to drum up its ratings.

Just because they talk for hours on end about their internet connection and satellite package it doesnt mean theyre intelligent...

Yep, keeping people ignorant about inflation and its causes is one of the greatest achievements of the authorities.

It's now got to the point where the masses are noticing that everything is shooting up in price but they don't quite know why. The media are doing their bit to keep the public in the dark by harping on about one-off events and dastardly speculators driving up prices, whilst ignoring the ZIRP/QE 'elephant in the room' and the fact that it's all being done to bail out the banks.

really?

I just visited that thread and site for the first time. They are no mumsnet but they do have their share of tabloid readers by the looks of it.

really?

I just visited that thread and site for the first time. They are no mumsnet but they do have their share of tabloid readers by the looks of it.

There are indeed some pretty dumb people on DS and I wouldn't say the vast majority on there are highly intelligent but I would say that they are more intelligent on the whole than average. Check out the level of conversation on other sites like facebook etc. The level is generally much lower.

There are indeed some pretty dumb people on DS and I wouldn't say the vast majority on there are highly intelligent but I would say that they are more intelligent on the whole than average. Check out the level of conversation on other sites like facebook etc. The level is generally much lower.

tbh the last few posts are spot on.