House Price Crash Forum

Growth Figures To Show Unexpected Slower Growth

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see that manufacturing put in a reasonable performance, which was good news for Grinder Man.

"Grinder Man?" I hear you ask. "Who is he?"

"Why," says I, "surely you've noticed him during every news item that concerns 'man-erf-acturing'?"

Yep, no matter that industry now uses all kinds of clever kit, no matter that industry produces all kinds of delicate, even edible things. No "package" on man-erf-acturing would be complete w/o visored metal bashing plus madatory spark-showers. So even if the Beeb are reporting from a factory making ballet shoes for Barbie, there he'll be in the background - Grinder Man that is - giving his trusty piece of angle iron what-for. He's clearly a fully paid up Beeb employee, though with his tinted visor his identity remains safer than the Stigs. Some say he's a struggling actor. Some say he's an academy award winner. Some say he could even be Jezer himself, or even The Dimble. All one can be certain of is, thanks to the sophisticated understanding our national broadcaster has of life outside the public sector, wherever and whenever there is news on man-erf-acturing, he'll be there, shaving a few microns from that same, trusty, angle iron he's carried with him from Beeb package to beeb package throughout the years. :rolleyes:

I used to like Tesco. However, the stuff they sell has had a massive drop in quality over the past couple of year and the decent stuff they do sell is as expensive as elsewhere.

Would like to know why you think they may be in trouble? My guess is they have overextended themselves. Within 10 miles of where I live there are 3 huge Tesco Extras alongside numerous other supermarkets.

Any connection between their diminishing quality and their increasing remuneration bill?

This article http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=517324&in_page_id=2 alleges

SIR TERRY LEAHY - Chief executive of Tesco

2008-09 SALARY: £9.1m

2009-10 SALARY: £15.6m

Do you know how many people at Tesco earn more than £1m a year?

I run a retail business and I wholeheartedly agree. There has been no plan by the Torys bar slashing spending. It's an ideological crusade not an economic policy. Slash and hope.

yeah, lets just inflate everything away. Then you would no customers left. Short termism gets my goat.

The competition has caught up with Tesco.

On my frequent UK visits, I've noticed that there's now little difference in terms of quality between Tesco/Morrisons/Aldi and the like.

1. 95% of our groceries are bought in Aldi

2. If its good enough for Germans...

3. When the big 4 do an offer of 10-20% back or off, its still 20-30% overpriced.

Heard of the Laffer curve ?

You do know there's now a 50% tax rate and 12% National Insurance.. and 20% VAT.. taxes have risen considerably.. so now what ?

Sengoku Jidai tax rates were often above 100% 150% was normal..... heh laffer curve is correct though as the peasants simply used to dig pits in the forest near their homes and hide their grain and rice. Meaning that the Koku count kept going down as the tax rates went up. Horror stories of smaller clans putting it way above 300% (the excess was to be taken in slave labour). Unsurprising the peasants worked very slowly and ran away when used in battle almost instantly.

Merv must be loving it, no need to raise rates now, infact we need more QE to get the recovery going again. No need to worry over inflation or the falling pound or the fact petrol could well be £200000000000 a litre real soon.

What a fukcing country...

Corrected for you :lol:

Can’t see us printing with inflation double target, can’t lower interest rates, can’t lower taxes, have £150bn black hole to plug. No policy options left?

It’s going to be a real slog for the coalition. Can’t see anyone coming with any better ideas though.

You're wrong they will let real inflation go over 50% (today it is 15%). They will print and print and print until money is in powers. They will also fake the CPI by filling it full of goods which are worthless so that it looks like it is 5% but is really 50%.

You're wrong they will let real inflation go over 50% (today it is 15%). They will print and print and print until money is in powers. They will also fake the CPI by filling it full of goods which are worthless so that it looks like it is 5% but is really 50%.

Are you hedged?

Are you hedged?

Yes but not in the way you think I am..... food wise I could easily not leave the house for 18 months and have 1700 calories a day. Its not what you think though as I have a lock up filled with used veg oil, which every so often a bloke who feeds it to pigs comes and buys off me (I only get a few quid but I get it for free) I can eat that and survive. My conventional food stores can last me 3 months.

I'm also buying a 140mpg scootay which will be modded to get 200mpg.

I also can get a shotgun in less than 15 minutes. I can trade my PMs for a ticket out to my dad's ancestral lands and grow food there (he has just under 1 acre)

My wifes technology company is a good barometer of the economy.

They have only managed to sell 33% of forecast for January and we are 3 weeks in!!! 2011 is indeed going to be a very, very bad year for business and jobs. No point having affordable housing if there are no jobs to support it.

We've written off her bonus for 2012.

:ph34r:

Just means housing gets cheaper and cheaper?

we export about 65% of our stuff

Does your company export 250bn a year? No then your efforts are futile.

I currently do work for people in China some how the people there trust the old established blokes here. I raised about 36K of fees past 3 months... you think 36K will make a dent in the 250bn trade deficit? :lol:

Does your company export 250bn a year? No then your efforts are futile.

I currently do work for people in China some how the people there trust the old established blokes here. I raised about 36K of fees past 3 months... you think 36K will make a dent in the 250bn trade deficit? :lol:

our efforts are futile becaues we run a business that supports all of our staff and will provide 2 or 3 more jobs by the end of this year.

I see that as positive, and acheived in spite of the lack lustre perfromance of the current governemnt.

If you are looking for one super company to make a dent in the trade deficit then you are clearly misguided