House Price Crash Forum
ralphmalph

Clegg Can Not Sell His Constituency Home!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350141/Nick-Cleggs-house-fails-sell-despite-market-September.html

The simple fact of this is that if he sells it after 2012 the taxpayer gets the profits, if he can sell it before he gets the profits.

Right Clegg you are offcially a troughing cxxt.

A very rich man who bought a property in a poor state.

Why?

Because at the time of buying he could get the Taxpayer to fund the refurbishment.

A Politician not to be trusted as he wants to sell the UK to the EU lock, stock, and barrel. A man who dropped his so called beliefs for a seat in power. When he loses his seat in the next General Election a powerful position in the SSS of the EU. :angry:

All cut from the same cloth, but now people are looking at Clegg and he is showing his true colours; Reneging on election pledges and he has his snout in the trough. At least the Libs can say they have a real politician as a leader.

How can he renege on hs election promises?

His party came third

His party are not the Govt. They form part of a colation

Honestly some people live in la la land

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350141/Nick-Cleggs-house-fails-sell-despite-market-September.html

The simple fact of this is that if he sells it after 2012 the taxpayer gets the profits, if he can sell it before he gets the profits.

Right Clegg you are offcially a troughing cxxt.

All as bad as each other, yes. Outrageous that they think it is acceptable to be able to speculate on anything, not least houses, given the power they collectively hold with regards to policy making and regulation. You only have to think back to Byers, Hoon and Hewitt to realise what these disgraceful people will do.

That said, the article says he will give any profit back, and rightly so. Of course he could be lying... he is, after all, breathing.

Edited by the.ciscokid

That's clever, that 'marketing in a more subtle way' strategy.

Anyone in the area checked the postcards in newsagent's windows?

Perhaps it is the trendy new marketing talked about in the Notting Hill set parties?

Honestly some people live in la la land

Indeed.

Never used to like Clegg (and was sorry to see Ming Campbell go - he seemed pretty decent for a politician). But going into coalition was a seriously brave and very necessary thing to do, and I certainly admire him for that.

The country could be in a very bad place if we had no government after the last election. Would you rather have watched Brown stumble on and fall flat, while the markets lost confidence and bankrupt the country?

That's clever, that 'marketing in a more subtle way' strategy.

Anyone in the area checked the postcards in newsagent's windows?

Perhaps the new expenses rules don't stretch to cover agents fees. As for subtle marketing...sounds more like stupid marketing to me.

Simple solution Nick! DROP YOUR PRICE TO WHERE SOMEONE CAN AFFORD IT.

To reply to your sig--I am not as young as I was when I was younger and I still cannot afford a house in this country. The temptation to buy overseas is very strong, but it does seem that the BIG ONE began this month--at least it has in my area of East Sussex where price drops were not expected due to the huge wealth and piles of cash SE people have going spare. :D

g

at least it has in my area of East Sussex where price drops were not expected due to the huge wealth and piles of cash SE people have going spare. :D

I think the penny is starting to drop that, in the words of a certain Bovey-ine pwortperdee developer criminal, that would be huge wealth and piles of cash which have yet to be realized.....

The Cleggster has pledged to return all profit from sale of the house to the state. If he does that then fair play to him.

However, I feel that an MP's main home should always be the constituency home, which they should pay for from their salaries. Expenses should pay for a 1-person home in London, or a hotel maybe. We the taxpayers should not be paying for MPs to house their entire families in Central London.

Can you expand on this a bit more please?

Why does Clegg get the profits if he sells in 2012 or before, but not if he sells after that?