House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Feminists Are Obnoxious Bigots And Men Have A Raw Deal: Tory Mp Calls For Male Equality

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350128/Tory-MP-Dominic-Raab-calls-male-equality-Feminists-bigots.html

A Tory MP has hit out at 'obnoxious bigotry' by feminists and insisted men are getting a 'raw deal' in many areas of life.

Dominic Raab waded into the equality row by saying that 'flagrant discrimination' against males was being ignored.

The backbencher's intervention came amid controversy over the cost of implementing the former Labour government's Equality Act.

In an article for the PoliticsHome website, Mr Raab said he was in favour of 'consistent equality' between the sexes.

But the Esher and Walton MP insisted: 'While we have some of the toughest anti-discrimination laws in the world, we are blind to some of the most flagrant discrimination - against men.

'From the cradle to the grave, men are getting a raw deal. Men work longer hours, die earlier, but retire later than women. That won't be fixed for another seven years.

'One reason women are left 'holding the baby' is anti-male discrimination in rights of maternity/paternity leave...

'Meanwhile, young boys are educationally disadvantaged compared to girls, and divorced or separated fathers are systematically ignored by the courts.'

This could open up a can of worms.

I've been saying this for years in public and I am not a Tory MP !!

Good on the lad. He gets my vote.

No Tory is ever going to get my vote, because the two faced so and so make coilitions with other two faced so and so. Of course men fear women because they usualy finnish up doing a better job than them. No that dinosaur is better off in Jurasic Park

No Tory is ever going to get my vote, because the two faced so and so make coilitions with other two faced so and so. Of course men fear women because they usualy finnish up doing a better job than them. No that dinosaur is better off in Jurasic Park

So are you saying this bloke is actually on the birds side !! I hope not. If so he is one devious man.

He's a backbencher. Ignore him.

Came across this website, which should appeal to a couple of posters on this forum:

http://roissy.wordpr...dments-of-poon/

Interesing stuff. Most of it spot on. Interesting a fair few comments by birds saying just that.

So are you saying this bloke is actually on the birds side !! I hope not. If so he is one devious man.

Interesing stuff. Most of it spot on. Interesting a fair few comments by birds saying just that.

They are not birds they are 52% of human kind. If you don't respect them they won't respect you. That could be why men don't get much access rights with their children they could beleive that their former partner was of another species. If they are birds that must mean that us guys instead of us waiting for the houses to crash in price, we fly to a tree with a twig in our beak.

Theres a lot of truth spoken in those words. :D

Noticed how many comments there are saying it is a lot of ******** ?!

I wonder if these people don't actually believe it - or just dont want to believe it.

They are not birds they are 52% of human kind. If you don't respect them they won't respect you. That could be why men don't get much access rights with their children they could beleive that their former partner was of another species. If they are birds that must mean that us guys instead of us waiting for the houses to crash in price, we fly to a tree with a twig in our beak.

Ok.....

Since women live longer than men, they should retire later so that both genders get to spend the same quantity of time in retirement. Yet in fact they retire sooner. This can only be rectified by charging women more for their pensions. Thus women should pay higher taxes than men to cover their longer retirement.

Since women live longer than men, they should retire later so that both genders get to spend the same quantity of time in retirement. Yet in fact they retire sooner. This can only be rectified by charging women more for their pensions. Thus women should pay higher taxes than men to cover their longer retirement.

A little behind the times there Thod, that particular inequality has already been addressed.

It's the insidious demeaning of men in the media that annoys me. The Boots adverts for instance. Don't get me wrong, I was never a big customer of Boots, but the suggestion that women are out and about taking care of business suffering the obvious effects of a cold, while their men-folk are tucked up in bed.....I shan't be shopping there from now on! <_<

It is telling that the trend for 'birds 'n' booze' adverts has been swapped for the 'studs 'n' shopping' adverts. Although men still earn more than women in the workplace, this would suggest that women are spending more of that hard earned cash!

He did get my vote :D He is my MP

It's the insidious demeaning of men in the media that annoys me. The Boots adverts for instance. Don't get me wrong, I was never a big customer of Boots, but the suggestion that women are out and about taking care of business suffering the obvious effects of a cold, while their men-folk are tucked up in bed.....I shan't be shopping there from now on! <_<

But it's a long way from being just Boots. Look how many other adverts feature a man being an idiot or a slob whilst a woman gets on with everything. Keep exactly the same script but reverse the genders and the complaints would be pouring in.

But it's a long way from being just Boots. Look how many other adverts feature a man being an idiot or a slob whilst a woman gets on with everything. Keep exactly the same script but reverse the genders and the complaints would be pouring in.

Yup, diet coke is another one. can you imagine an advert with a group of male office workers skiving off to have an ogle at a female window cleaner???

The funny thing is, this type of advertising/media/societal pressure to be the body/face beautiful is also very demeaning to women. The just don't seem to get it though! there's one advert for chocolate that has the modern day equivalent of a Belsen victim telling us about her naughty pleasure. Yeah right! Followed by a 10 minute visit to the bathroom!

Maybe it's man's secret revenge though..... I wonder if all of these adverts are conceived/written by men, letting women THINK they're in getting the upper hand....

Jebus, this site has driven me to the TFH side!!!

A little behind the times there Thod, that particular inequality has already been addressed.

It is telling that the trend for 'birds 'n' booze' adverts has been swapped for the 'studs 'n' shopping' adverts. Although men still earn more than women in the workplace, this would suggest that women are spending more of that hard earned cash!

Demeaning of men?

Grow the ****** up.

That's right companies should spend their money marketing products to you, because you don't spend any money. Spend some money and you will become relevant to marketing again. And no buying some metal doesn't count.

If you don't like an advert then, either it's wrong and it's missed the target, or you're not the target. But as woman and kids make 80% of the purchasing decisions and if you're a 40+ year old Man, you can probably work it out for yourself.

It's business.

Demeaning of men?

Grow the ****** up.

That's right companies should spend their money marketing products to you, because you don't spend any money. Spend some money and you will become relevant to marketing again. And no buying some metal doesn't count.

If you don't like an advert then, either it's wrong and it's missed the target, or you're not the target. But as woman and kids make 80% of the purchasing decisions and if you're a 40+ year old Man, you can probably work it out for yourself.

It's business.

Wow, completely missed the point. I'm impressed!

Where did you pull that 80% figure, out your ar$e? It certainly doesn't fit in with any of the families I know. The two examples I mentioned, cold remedies and diet coke, you think that 80% of that market is female do you?

Whilst I do identify with the general thrust of the OP, in terms of ads, it really is business. You want some "boy-ads"? Go pick up a copy of Stuff magazine or the latest car magazine. Are those ads targeting men or women? It's all just business.

Not too sure about 80% of purchasing decisions. I certainly let my "bint" make lots of purchasing decisions, but they certainly are of the tiny consequence variety, e.g. how much paracetamol to buy at Boots, or what meat to buy for the dinner party. The big ones I make, and she really doesn't get to argue (it's easy considering my comparatively huge financial muscle compared to hers).

For instance, to purchase a sports car or not, to buy a house or not, to make lots of money investing / speculating in commodities or not - these are my decisions, not hers.

Culturally, this is nothing new. Simpsons and Family Guy have now been around for donkeys years - the father figure is certainly comical :D

Wow, completely missed the point. I'm impressed!

Where did you pull that 80% figure, out your ar$e? It certainly doesn't fit in with any of the families I know. The two examples I mentioned, cold remedies and diet coke, you think that 80% of that market is female do you?

Well, look what I found up there.

Women own 38% of the businesses in the U.S.—that’s 9 million women-owned businesses that employ 27.5 million people and have $3.6 trillion in revenue. Women buy or influence the purchase of 80% of all consumer goods, take more than 50% of business trips, purchase over 50% of all automobiles, make up more than 50% of web users and over 60% of new web users.

It’s clear that women have enormous influence today and can have much more. YET, they are not adequately represented in the top ranks of companies, and they need to be for business to flourish.

There are only nine women CEOs in the Fortune 500. Women make up only 13.6% of board directors; 7.9% of the highest titles in corporations; and 5.2% of the top earners. (Source: BusinessWeek Online, March 25, 2005, “The Glass Ceiling’s Iron Girders

Read more about it,

Here http://www.decision-making-confidence.com/gender-differences-in-decision-making.html

Here http://www.brandingstrategyinsider.com/marketing-to-women/

Here http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/consumer/gender-and-marketing-the-female-brain/

If you don’t believe me, that's fine, but an entire industry does.

And if you are really interested you can do you own research into gender importance in decision making and purchasing.

I wouldnt mind feminism if it had been about making men like women, ie less agressive, more responsible. Making them spend time with their estranged kids and pay for them.

Instead, its focussed on making women men. Chain smoking, kebab scoffing, booze guzzling etc, leaving their kids home alone while they go party and maybe fight afterwards over whether Darren or Asif will provide them with their next benefits ticket.

Well, look what I found up there.

Women own 38% of the businesses in the U.S.—that’s 9 million women-owned businesses that employ 27.5 million people and have $3.6 trillion in revenue. Women buy or influence the purchase of 80% of all consumer goods, take more than 50% of business trips, purchase over 50% of all automobiles, make up more than 50% of web users and over 60% of new web users.

It’s clear that women have enormous influence today and can have much more. YET, they are not adequately represented in the top ranks of companies, and they need to be for business to flourish.

There are only nine women CEOs in the Fortune 500. Women make up only 13.6% of board directors; 7.9% of the highest titles in corporations; and 5.2% of the top earners. (Source: BusinessWeek Online, March 25, 2005, “The Glass Ceiling’s Iron Girders

Read more about it,

Here http://www.decision-making-confidence.com/gender-differences-in-decision-making.html

Here http://www.brandingstrategyinsider.com/marketing-to-women/

Here http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/consumer/gender-and-marketing-the-female-brain/

If you don’t believe me, that's fine, but an entire industry does.

And if you are really interested you can do you own research into gender importance in decision making and purchasing.

So your assertion that "woman and kids make 80% of the purchasing decisions" was complete and bo11ocks then, as I thought.

Perhaps you've missed the OP's reason for starting this thread? Business (still mainly driven by men in this country, and looking at the make up of most boardrooms, the same in the US) can direct it's advertising at whomever it feels are it's target market segment, but they should comply with current advertising standards. These standards seem to differ when applied to gender.

If your still reading this, then I'd point out that only one of the 13 members of the Boots board room is female according to Wiki, so some way yet to reach equality.

So your assertion that "woman and kids make 80% of the purchasing decisions" was complete and bo11ocks then, as I thought.

Are you trolling me?

I don't get it.

Are you trolling me?

I don't get it.

You don't know the difference between the two statements "women buy or influence the purchase of 80% of all consumer goods" and "woman and kids make 80% of the purchasing decisions"?

If you don't, then your right, you don't get it.

Back to the OP, section 4.8 of the BCAP code states "Advertisements must not condone or encourage harmful discriminatory behaviour or treatment. Advertisements must not prejudice respect for human dignity.".

I feel sure that the diet coke ads would fall foul of this section if it were men ogling a young woman, but the other way around..... Meh :rolleyes:

You don't know the difference between the two statements "women buy or influence the purchase of 80% of all consumer goods" and "woman and kids make 80% of the purchasing decisions"?

Because I didn't use exactly the same words as the businessweek report, it's ********?

Is that your point? Well in that case can you help me understand the differences.

If it's not too demeaning of course.