House Price Crash Forum

Council To Heat Swimming Pool From Nearby Crematorium Trade

juvenal

Sounds like a good plan to me. Not sure about the token 'global warming' angle - but I imagine they use that as an extra sales pitch. I just think the general idea makes sense - from a simple common sense point of view.

If you agree to be cremated then why would you have a problem with your heat being used ?! Who gives a ****** !! When I am dead and someone wants to use me for heat to boil up some bovril - fire away. I will be dead and wont really give a ****** !!

At least they're not powering the jacuuzzi by throwing the epileptics in and flashing a torch in their eyes.

;-/

Actually they could use the gases of the burning corpses to create bubbles but the smell may put some off. If they have a back log of cremations they could throw a few stiffs in the pool for childrens fun hour on saturday . Save a fortune and the enviroment avoiding expensive Foam and plastic floaties.

Hope they're not using a condensing boiler.

IIRC, it takes a lot of heat to cremate bodies, cremation kilns are usually gas fired. Sounds a sensible if macabre idea to use the waste heat.

Sounds like there may be an opportunity here for a low-outlay smoked salmon/kipper operation.

IIRC, it takes a lot of heat to cremate bodies, cremation kilns are usually gas fired. Sounds a sensible if macabre idea to use the waste heat.

I am suprised it's not been done before... Think I have discussed it in past with a funeral director...

I don't see how it's macabre though - any more than organ donation is macabre!

*You're wearing a dead man's kidney you know.

Archived