House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

Ed Balls Bought A £655K House In April 2007, £438K Mortgage.

Ed Balls bought a house in April 2007

£655,000 home, £438,000 mortgage.

It looks like Balls did believe in his own cr@p! :o

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23413257-cabinet-husband-and-wife-cash-in-on-two-homes-loophole.do

:lol:

Edit: One little problem though: It is actually us who are really paying for it...

... the bleeding b@stards. :angry:

Well, at least he won't have much to show for it.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Is this in any way related to the quote on another thread re his article in the Daily Mirror today where he put the blame for the deficit on "SUBSIDISING PEOPLE'S MORTGAGES" so they could keep their homes?

There is one link: That other thread pointed that article to me, and half an hour ago I showed that article to my wife, and since then, powered by anger, she's been Googling frenetically about it, and found this news item I've posted in the OP. :) (Acknowledging the real OP's "authorship")

Maybe he took a cue from George Osborne...

'George Osborne ‘flipped’ second home to claim for £450,000 loan':

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6474725.ece

Mr Osborne and his wife, a writer and the eldest daughter of the former Conservative Cabinet minister Lord Howell, sold the London home for a £748,000 profit in July 2006. They moved just 250 metres, paying £1.85 million for a new home which last year had an outstanding mortgage of £470,499.

At least it shows Cooper and Balls understand maths.

The pair, who were both promoted by Gordon Brown, have registered their four-bedroom North London house as a 'second home' under parliamentary rules, which entitles them to allowances of up to £44,000 a year to subsidise their £438,000 mortgage.

They also have a 'weekend' property in Yorkshire, which they used to call their second home. But by instead declaring their more expensive London house to be their secondary residence, they can claim more money from taxpayers.

Edited by Redhat Sly

Maybe he took a cue from George Osborne...

'George Osborne ‘flipped’ second home to claim for £450,000 loan':

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6474725.ece

Interesting. Both Balls and Osborne didn't see the bubble...

Jeeez....

And some posters still believe in conspiracies...

Wake up people! They are all MORONS up there! MORONS I tell ya!

It is probably the case that an overwhelming majority of MPs and all cabinet members have multiple homes and a strong VI in continuing HPI. These people are part of the system that is fed by HPI and if we get a severe crash they and their bankster bosses go down with no one else left to bail us out other than the Chinese and maybe the IMF.

The stability or otherwise of the housing market will be top of the agenda at the next muppetry meeting.

A house I have been tracking near me just dropped £20k from £265 to £245. These kinds of drops are now typical around here--the very affluent SE near Brighton which will not crash due to demand and cash buyers(yeah right). The crash is on--there is no longer any shadow of doubt. The 5 figure drops are coming thick and heavy and this will be causing many an MP extra karzi time with splattered walls to leave for the next person to clean up.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/13508753?search_identifier=55f9a3811e71665028d96c0894fc0759

£265

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-28386403.html?premiumA=true

£245

Notice it has gone on to "premium listing" status--no one looking.

Edited by Realistbear

the absolute price is of much less concern when someone else is paying the bill

if someone puched ed balls half to death and said I don't know why I did it, there was just something about him that made me do it

I would understand

if someone puched ed balls half to death and said I don't know why I did it, there was just something about him that made me do it

I would understand

I have to feel sorry for my neighbour--he had his LCD TV out for collection with a large hole in the bottom right side. He said Ed Balls was on the televsion and he remembers going into a rage and then just went blank and must have thrown his shoe at the TV.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8587661.stm

Now for the good news.

Since they are no longer in Government both of their salaries have been halved.

To milk the system the Balles said that this London house was there second home.

So they used to claim 48,000 pounds a year to pay the mortgage do it up and fill it to the brim with John Lewis goodies. Now they can only claim 23K per year between them (stil outrageous but a step in the right direction).

The next piece of good new is that because of the public outrage at second homes profits being made by MP's when the Ballses stop being MP's and sell this London house then the profits will go to the taxpayer and not the MP's. The profits on their main home in Bradford will be for them to keep.

The real beauty is that when it suited the Balles they said that the house in Bradford was their second home, which it plainly is, so they could fill that full of John Lewis goodies, then they flipped to the London home, dishonestly to get free wonga.

Seeing as Bradford is an economic wasteland there is not much change of a HPI there in the foreseeable future so no profits on the house that they can keep. Whereas the London one, done up lavishly at taxpayers expense is almost certainly worth more now and will be in the future and the taxpayer gets the profits.

This is just such good news that the Balles will be impoverished through being dishonest about which house was their main residence.

The words that nearly always come to mind whenever I see the Ball creature:

Jumped-up toad.

Why does he enrage people so easily? IOs it just because he was Brown's fag or is it something more? General attitude perhaps?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8587661.stm

Now for the good news.

Since they are no longer in Government both of their salaries have been halved.

To milk the system the Balles said that this London house was there second home.

So they used to claim 48,000 pounds a year to pay the mortgage do it up and fill it to the brim with John Lewis goodies. Now they can only claim 23K per year between them (stil outrageous but a step in the right direction).

The next piece of good new is that because of the public outrage at second homes profits being made by MP's when the Ballses stop being MP's and sell this London house then the profits will go to the taxpayer and not the MP's. The profits on their main home in Bradford will be for them to keep.

The real beauty is that when it suited the Balles they said that the house in Bradford was their second home, which it plainly is, so they could fill that full of John Lewis goodies, then they flipped to the London home, dishonestly to get free wonga.

Seeing as Bradford is an economic wasteland there is not much change of a HPI there in the foreseeable future so no profits on the house that they can keep. Whereas the London one, done up lavishly at taxpayers expense is almost certainly worth more now and will be in the future and the taxpayer gets the profits.

This is just such good news that the Balles will be impoverished through being dishonest about which house was their main residence.

i would still be very suprised if at some point legislation isnt introduced if not already in so that losses since inception date (ie when prices started falling) arent also at least half covered by the taxpayer, it is a no brainer as it can be argued that the place is only required as part of the job, i know id be legislating for it if i was an MP

Gee whizz wow ,

I remember a woman who bought half of a house like that back in 1995 in that same area after a divorce , she hated the area but it was the only thing that she could afford .

Price £19,000

True.

I would understand

:lol:

They also have a 'weekend' property in Yorkshire, which they used to call their second home. But by instead declaring their more expensive London house to be their secondary residence, they can claim more money from taxpayers.

I thought he was a twit and this just confirms it even more.

What with all these expenses I'm surprised they need a salary.

I claim al I can now.

On a training course at the minute and have secured employment. I'm claiming dole, housing benefit and council tax benefit for about one more week till I start working. But I also claimed £13.13 in travel expenses to attend my training course and a BEST sarnie everyday. I even ate somebody else's sarnie today as they left the course before the food was delivered. I didn't have it in me to eat a 2nd sarnie that was left behind.

Tomorrow I'm going to get myself a BEST with chicken on, by Friday the sandwiches will be so expensive we will be able to get fish and chips laugh.gif And I'm catching the most expensive bus too!

F you Ed Balls.

i would still be very suprised if at some point legislation isnt introduced if not already in so that losses since inception date (ie when prices started falling) arent also at least half covered by the taxpayer, it is a no brainer as it can be argued that the place is only required as part of the job, i know id be legislating for it if i was an MP

If it is the taxpayer funded second home that has not been re designated at anytime, then I would say this is fine. But there is no way the public will accept that losses on an MP's main family residence could be paid for by the taxpayer.

The problems were caused because MP's could seem to change what was there main residence and second home at will, usually when one needed decorating or flipping for a tax free profit.

Gee whizz wow ,

I remember a woman who bought half of a house like that back in 1995 in that same area after a divorce , she hated the area but it was the only thing that she could afford .

Price £19,000

:o ! ! !

That does show the size of Balls' cr@p!

(Sorry.)