House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Beeb Wales Bosses Love Their Taxis

Allegedly when she retired in Nov she got a job on the board of the QUANGO? business that now overseas Welsh Water and allegedly gets about £1,400 for 2 days per week.

Edit:

I would love to know who the taxi driver was or who the owner of the taxi firm is and whether there are any family connections with BBC Wales' executives?

Everyone's snouts are in the trough. I know of a middle manager in a blue-chip multi-national who had separate taxis for his two kids to the same school and an electrician changing the lightbulbs in his house, all on the company, no questions asked.

Everyone's snouts are in the trough. I know of a middle manager in a blue-chip multi-national who had separate taxis for his two kids to the same school and an electrician changing the lightbulbs in his house, all on the company, no questions asked.

A bit strong to say everyone I think; there are many companies who sack you at the drop of the that for anything along those lines. I work for one, it's in the FTSE 100.

The BBC has a sense of entitlement running through the senior ranks in particular this is frightening; other examples include it paying it's IS, HR and Supply Chain Directors almost double FTSE benchmarks.

Stupid, as well as having snouts in the trough.

First class rail is less than half the price, quicker and more convenient. If I was allowed both options, I'd choose the train every time.

I would agree, I'd get clobbered for an expense bill like that. Not fired, but asked some pretty serious questions and told not to do it again.

Stupid, as well as having snouts in the trough.

First class rail is less than half the price, quicker and more convenient. If I was allowed both options, I'd choose the train every time.

Me too, especially as the voters were paying for it! ;)

Me too. There's a decent train line from Cardiff to Paddington. Who'd want to be trapped with a taxi driver all the way to London?