House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
karhu

More Bs From The Bbc

Evidence from the latest survey of the property market suggests it may be heading for an upturn.  :angry:

The RICS believes that prices are still falling.  :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/your_money/4261082.stm

I didnt think the bbc conceded there was a downturn so how we having an upturn :lol:

Bunch of flakes.

Evidence from the latest survey of the property market suggests it may be heading for an upturn.  :angry:

BBC........

Do you ever see that blonde woman on BBC News 24 who comes on to talk about business stories........................

If there was a smilie here that was jumping up and down screaming, I'd flippin' well use it now........!! :wacko:

BBC........

Do you ever see that blonde woman on BBC News 24 who comes on to talk about business stories........................

If there was a smilie here that was jumping up and down screaming, I'd flippin' well use it now........!!  :wacko:

Yes, she is a little underpowered for the role. She happily admits that things are "over her head". E.g. when she was interviewing an economist from RBS about the housing market a few weeks ago.

She seems more like a PR girl or marketing type than a business and economics journalist to me. Glossy hair and shiny teeth go a long way...... :rolleyes:

Yes, she is a little underpowered for the role. She happily admits that things are "over her head". E.g. when she was interviewing an economist from RBS about the housing market a few weeks ago.

She seems more like a PR girl or marketing type than a business and economics journalist to me. Glossy hair and shiny teeth go a long way...... :rolleyes:

Whenever I hear her talk about oil prices, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Not the faintest grasp.

She talks with such a lack of confidence or gravitas, she ought to end each sentence with "it says here."

Guest wrongmove

No the BBC is not perfect - it has to try to be all things to all people and to deal with governement interference.

But can someone point me towards a mass media that does a much better job?

It is funny that the Left thhink that the BBC are rigtwing, and the Right think they are all commies. Probably means they are doing ok. :ph34r:

Personally, I don't watch much TV, but I would certainly miss radio4 and world service if the BBC was axed. I couldn't spend my license fee elsewhere to replace them. They are a bit public school IMO, but still unique and high quality, again IMO.

Guest muttley

From the BBC article

Property sales, says the survey, have also risen again and are now 8% higher than in February.

They neglect to point out that August was 11% longer than February.

I'm sure lots of people are still 'viewing' shops, the only thing that matters is when they take their money (or plastic) out their pockets. Viewings could mean a number of things, for example people may set a weekend aside just for a bloody good laugh at the prices.

No the BBC is not perfect - it has to try to be all things to all people and to deal with governement interference.

But can someone point me towards a mass media that does a much better job?

It is funny that the Left thhink that the BBC are rigtwing, and the Right think they are all commies. Probably means they are doing ok.  :ph34r:

Personally, I don't watch much TV, but I would certainly miss radio4 and world service if the BBC was axed. I couldn't spend my license fee elsewhere to replace them. They are a bit public school IMO, but still unique and high quality, again IMO.

I find C4 7pm news very watchable and objective.

Basically the news is ok if you no little or nothing about a subject. However if it is a field you know a lot about e.g. I.T for me and medicine & law for a lot of my friends you realize how shit they are. Reading or listening to them trying to explain even simple technology subjects is painful.

Economics is another example they really know ****** all. Declan Curry for instance, never understood how he got the job - can only be some sort of positive discrimination for northern Irish people.

I didnt think the bbc conceded there was a downturn so how we having an upturn laugh.gif

Bunch of flakes.

Exactly, no wonder someone said we won't realise we have been in a crash until after the event. The spin is unbelievable only really conceeding any ground months after or until it is obvious by all!!