House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

H M R C Tax Inspectors Get "good Performance" Bonuses Of £13M

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Tax-official-bonuses-13m-tele-1057034907.html?x=0

Tax officials received bonuses of more than
£13 million for good performance
last year despite a payment fiasco that saw more than a million people receive new tax demands in the run up to Christmas.
Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs spent almost £800,000 more on bonuses than they did the previous year, according to reports yesterday.../
Priti Patel, the Conservative MP for Witham in Essex said: "At a time of great pressure on public finances, taxpayers will be appalled to see so much money going on civil service bonuses, especially when some exceed £40,000 on top of large salaries and pensions."
It is understood that Freedom of information requests revealed that
bonuses in many government departments rose during the financial crisis.

Its out of control. Lighten the tills before it all collapses.

Edited by Realistbear

What a joke this is. The government talk of austerity while looting the country.

But...but...but....it's a Tory government :lol: I thought the Tories didn't do things like that :lol: One can't exactly blame the Lib Dems in the Torylition because they go along with everything the Tories want, destroying their own party in the process.

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

Tax officials should only get bonuses for tracking down big-time tax dodgers and succeeding in making them pay up.

Erm this is how it is currently. It's bad because it encourages them to bend the rules as they eye the bonuses for catching people. This is or was good for me because I would get them fired or disciplined for it when they stepped beyond their remit. I remember one guy who called the neighbors and threatened them with tax investigations if they didn't dob in the guy they were originally looking at.

I remember one guy who called the neighbors and threatened them with tax investigations if they didn't dob in the guy they were originally looking at.
I don't necessarily have a problem with that. It depends how 'unhelpful' or obstructive the neighbours were being in hampering the investigation into the original tax dodgers.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that. It depends how 'unhelpful' or obstructive the neighbours were being in hampering the investigation into the original tax dodgers.

Except that the rules don't allow it. In that it is outside the scope of an investigation. The investigation is based solely upon the person who is being looked into.

Except that the rules don't allow it. In that it is outside the scope of an investigation. The investigation is based solely upon the person who is being looked into.

..and their wives!