House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Harry Monk

Chief Executive To Leave Thanet District Council With An Undisclosed Payout

THANET council's chief executive is to leave the authority with an undisclosed payout after councillors approved his redundancy last night.

Chief executive Richard Samuel is to be replaced by finance boss Sue McGonigal who will now do both jobs to save cash.

The move, along with up to 30 other redundancies at the authority, will save the tax payer £1 million off next year's budget.

According to a paper published at last night's full council meeting, the immediate cost of the redundancies is £442,282.

Labour leader Clive Hart said:"We understand the need to restructure staffing and make savings but we were given very little time to consider these costs.”

Pension payouts could push the redundancies figure to £712,882.

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/Chief-executive-leave-Thanet-payout/article-3129777-detail/article.html

I never got this type of money when I was laid off but now I am expected to pay Council Tax to put fodder in the troughs from which these snouts feed.

http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/news/Chief-executive-leave-Thanet-payout/article-3129777-detail/article.html

I never got this type of money when I was laid off but now I am expected to pay Council Tax to put fodder in the troughs from which these snouts feed.

"Undisclosed?"

Cue: Freedom of Information Act

This country has gone to the dogs-- a nation of banksters, cutpurses and blaggards.

Nice.

We have to look after these people, I bet the local councils finances are balanced aren't they?

You have to remember these people are talented, so the normal rules of employment law have to be suspended for them. Also I'm sure he'll be able to take his "talents" abroad, just like City people.

"Undisclosed?"

Cue: Freedom of Information Act

I just sent them this, I will report on the outcome.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act, I wish to know how much your Chief Executive Richard Samuel will receive in redundancy payouts and what the terms of his pension are.

Should you fail to provide the information required of you then I will cancel my Direct Debit to you for Council Tax and your failure to comply with the Freedom of Information Act will be taken as consent that you no longer require me to pay Council Tax.

With Regards,

Harry Monk

Harry Monk, next stop prison? laugh.gif

I couldn't think of a better way to sit the next few years out and preserve my STR fund. I have been in prison before (for not paying rates -Pentonville) at a time when I needed cheaper accommodation and whatever the outcome, I have decided to stop paying Council Tax.

I couldn't think of a better way to sit the next few years out and preserve my STR fund. I have been in prison before (for not paying rates -Pentonville) at a time when I needed cheaper accommodation and whatever the outcome, I have decided to stop paying Council Tax.

We need thousands of Harry Monks, give it a year and I'll be joining you. I'm not angry enough yet!

420k divided by 30 people is about 14K each.

Hardly a king's ransom

tim

...bit like the Tunisian President....'load up before you go'..... :rolleyes: