House Price Crash Forum
Trampa501

How High Will Inflation Go?

Hyper..

But CPI and RPI will be faked to report it as 5% due to unexpected factors. So while people are killing each other on the streets the BBC will report a falling cost of living.

At which the reset occurs in 2013 and everything is stamped property of HMRC or HSBC and we have a total state monopoly which means they can squeeze you for anything and everything.

Hyper..

But CPI and RPI will be faked to report it as 5% due to unexpected factors. So while people are killing each other on the streets the BBC will report a falling cost of living.

At which the reset occurs in 2013 and everything is stamped property of HMRC or HSBC and we have a total state monopoly which means they can squeeze you for anything and everything.

And the reason you are remaining in the country is.........?

My guess is CPI will go over 4% next month, the VAT increase will start coming into the figures.

If the BOE want to keep any semblance of credibility they'll raise interest rates by a half-point when this happens, if they don't then the markets will start going for the pound.

I'd say CPI will peak at about 6%, and will be over 4% for quite a while, say a year or two.

And the reason you are remaining in the country is.........?

Why are you worried about me? I moved assets away already. I've said it plenty of times when it comes I'm going to be hunting the ultimate prey man......

Why are you worried about me? I moved assets away already. I've said it plenty of times when it comes I'm going to be hunting the ultimate prey man......

You're going to be hunting men? What are you? Some kind of Village People survivalist?

You're going to be hunting men? What are you? Some kind of Village People survivalist?

Nah it's in me DNA, China has had a famine every other year for 2000 years of varying severity and sometimes regional sometimes countrywide. Much like humans have been unable to tame and domesticate cats properly even though humans have been around cats for 6000 odd years. The cannibalistic urges to feast on the sweet flesh of my co-workers and neighbours is strong in my DNA :P

Hell such genetic survival mechanisms are present in EVERYBODY, a plane crashes in the Chilean mountains (Andes) and they barely have enough time to put the fires out before they start eating each other.

I'm just willing to admit to it. :)

Edited by ken_ichikawa

My guess is CPI will go over 4% next month, the VAT increase will start coming into the figures.

VAT will make no difference.

CPI and RPI inflation are reported as YoY figures, so the 2010 VAT rise falls out of "inflation" at exactly the same time as the 2011 rise comes in.

I'm guessing 10-12% here in the UK.

4-500% over the next 10-20 years. House prices to stay flat over the duration.

I know it sounds crazy but that's my forecast for what it's worth :).

4-500% over the next 10-20 years. House prices to stay flat over the duration.

I know it sounds crazy but that's my forecast for what it's worth :).

Just for clarification, is that a range between 4 and 500%, or between 400 and 500%?

Don't worry about seeming crazy. Who could have accurately predicted what happened between the first Northern Rock incident and everything since? If anything we tend to underestimate what may change ahead.

I suspect that CPI will 'officially' hit ~4% but let's face it these figures are heavily manipulted. I believe the current true level of inflation is actually ~8%.

I believe it to be about 16%, as prices increased across the board by about 10-20%

Just for clarification, is that a range between 4 and 500%, or between 400 and 500%?

Don't worry about seeming crazy. Who could have accurately predicted what happened between the first Northern Rock incident and everything since? If anything we tend to underestimate what may change ahead.

400 :)

I would expect it to hurt most of us big time and again, that would be nothing if we weren't losing all our wealth creation know-how at the same time.

Erm, forgive me but BOE have been saying inflation is temporary :unsure:

They've also been saying they're a competent well run organisation that understands the UK economic landscape

Once you get the big lies out there all the smaller ones are that much easier

One thing's for certain, it's at least twice the official figure. They like to factor in the bad news by at least that much, at least that's how Labia rolled. Perhaps this regime has a different factor? Look at your own bills - that's the only way to know. Insurance - up 40%, fuel is up over 5%, food - 10% and smaller product packaging to boot, furniture - seems to have gone up by 50% since the sales - perhaps that's normal, still I'll factor it in my calculations. Do people still get suckered into buying a new mobile phone every few week? If they do - a shed load.. I stick with my old mobile - it only does the basics, but the battery will outlast your iPhone's by a factor of about 20 times. I might put a black tin hat on if I spent less time on here.

No inflation is more like 5 or 6% - up to 20% for the young (do we factor education costs? Then 50%?), and I resent this, just like every person I know that is not an airhead. The secret is out now, trust me.

Edited by jammo

Erm, forgive me but BOE have been saying inflation is temporary :unsure:

Also if they actually think that, why have they piled all their pensions money into index linked gilts, while refusing access to the proles.

watch what they do, not what they say