House Price Crash Forum
catmandu

Boe Interest Rates - Meeting Minutes

I think we still have at least a couple of months of no rate rise and think it's rather pointless to even assume the BoE will take any measures against inflation. But is there going to be a sign of a change in policy - if so, it will likely appear first in the meeting minutes.

Simple poll question for you all - my money is on the answer being ONE and NONE (I REALLY hope no one voted for QE this time after latest inflation results!)

Edited by catmandu

Fat chance of that. Posen will keep voting for QE for this year, he more or less made that public.

I think we still have at least a couple of months of no rate rise and think it's rather pointless to even assume the BoE will take any measures against inflation. But is there going to be a sign of a change in policy - if so, it will likely appear first in the meeting minutes.

Simple poll question for you all - my money is on the answer being ONE and NONE (I REALLY hope no one voted for QE this time after latest inflation results!)

i think the first rate rise wont be untill Aprils meeting, get this financial year over, then start the rises in the next "decade". Banks wont like a rate rise at the end of the year as it will fux up their predicted earnings etc. it will also coincide wit hthe "spring bounce" that wont happen

the amount all depend on inflation, mainly fuel and what happens to the PIIGS IMHO,

Edited by Monkey

I have no idea, so I didn't vote. I didn't think they could could hold them with inflation this high. My take on it is there seems to be more and more mention of rate rises, in the media. So I'm thinking it won't be too far off before a rise, six months maybe. It also looks like when they do that inflation will be looking pretty ugly.

Just a wee bump to see if anyone else wishes to vote - BoE meeting minutes out tomorrow. I thought we might get just one extra BoE member voting for an increase, but after seeing the King's Speech, it's clear that it won't be the King himself.

Just a wee bump to see if anyone else wishes to vote - BoE meeting minutes out tomorrow. I thought we might get just one extra BoE member voting for an increase, but after seeing the King's Speech, it's clear that it won't be the King himself.

They have to fight off deflation with massive amounts of inflation you know.