House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Woman, 44, Suffers A Stroke And Partial Paralysis After Amorous Partner Gives Her A Love Bite

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1349201/Woman-suffers-stroke-amorous-partner-gives-love-bite.html

It's well-known to anyone in a relationship that love can hurt - but one woman was left partially paralysed after a romantic encounter went wrong.

In the first reported case of its kind, the 44-year-old from New Zealand suffered a stroke after her amorous partner gave her a love bite.

She was driven to hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, after she experienced loss of movement in her left arm after an amorous encounter.

Doctors suspected she had had a small stroke - but could not find any obvious cause.

Then they noticed a fading bruise on the right side of her neck - a love bite, also known as a hickey.

Underneath the bruise they found the cause of the stroke - damage to a major artery, where a blood clot had formed after the suction of the love bite.

The clot had then travelled to the woman's heart, causing the stroke. She then noticed the problem while she was sitting watching television.

'Because it was a love bite, there would be a lot of suction,' said Dr Teddy Wu, who treated the Maori woman at Auckland's Middlemore Hospital.

'To my knowledge, it's the first time someone has been hospitalised by a "hickey",' he said.

If it was already fading how long ago was the shag bite given, they don't simply disappear after a few hours?

On a more serious side do you now have to get written permission for love bites in case of this happening and the sucker being sued?

What an utter utter utter flucking stupid pointless story.

She had a stroke, because she had a genetic weakness in the Circle of Willis, deep within her brain, which ruptured and bled.

Stop googling. They've already said its a clot, not a bleed. I was more interested in a love bite somehow dislodging a carotid plaque, but it sounds venous. Poor girl.

Just reread that, complete junk, neck artery to heart turn to brain? Yeah...

Stop googling. They've already said its a clot, not a bleed. I was more interested in a love bite somehow dislodging a carotid plaque, but it sounds venous. Poor girl.

Just reread that, complete junk, neck artery to heart turn to brain? Yeah...

So,was it a clot that bit her?

I had heard that people sometimes die from vaugs nerve issues from that too. No idea if its true, I suppose I could google it.