House Price Crash Forum
Portent

Panorama Sunday 10:15 Bbc1

Brown's Miracle Economy: With rising inflation and a slowdown on the high street, economists are warning that the good times for Gordon Brown might be coming to an end.

Could be one to watch :)

I hope the BBC manage to put the whole Hutton affair behind them and tell it as it is - I'm looking for some quality journalism.

This could be the beginning of the end for Gordon and he's had a longer innings than most - no doubt he will try and pin it on everybody else but hopefully some of it will stick.

yes, many of us in here have been saying for years that Gordon's ''sound economy'' is a smoke and mirrors act and suddenly all the journos are jumping on the bandwagon.........If ardent Blairite and

Brownite Kaletsky in ''The Times'' changes his tune and jumps on we know we're in for economic armageddon......

GORDON BROWN today sets out his prime ministerial vision for Britain by promising to continue Tony Blair’s programme of reform and to create a “home-owning, share-owning democracy”.

He intends to double the number of people who have become new home owners under Labour from one million to two million.

“My vision is to build a home-owning, asset-owning democracy, a Britain of ambition and aspiration, where all and not just the few have the chance to own their own homes, buy shares and build up assets.”

Don't make me laugh Gordon.

From Sunday Times;

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1796293,00.html

Expect to hear -The longest period of sustained economic growth- repeated endlessly.

Don't forget the Tories were attacking Nu Labour on 2 fronts at the last election, crime and immigration.

This is the same Programme that did 3 Panorama specials in the run-up to the election, the first was on the increase in crime, which ended up telling us there was no increase in crime, just that Nu Labour counted the figures better. The second was on the effects of mass immigration, which basically went on to convince us that there was nothing negative about immigration and it was a great benefit to the country. The last one was the best of all, a supposed report on political campaigning, where they equipped people with microphones to follow the Tories, as members of the public and heckle them.

So don't expect too much Brown bashing this time!

perhaps wisely, tony blairs name is not mentioned much regarding this program. seems like they are giving gb a wide berth to sink without dragging anyone else down with him.

he cant blame oil forever and inflation is very much set to rise from now until election time, i dont see him being PM thank god. ill be glad to see him hold the bad cards, but if after, this the crazy economic policy is continued - i wont vote for them and ill go conservative just for a laugh.

is it on tonight ? i thought it was monday >

So don't expect too much Brown bashing this time!

Unfortunately I think you are right - the way bbc.co.uk front page looks at the moment, it would be like a political assassination if they told the truth and all hell would break lose again, Hutton style.

Nevermind. Still going to watch it though.