House Price Crash Forum

I Emailed Our Council And Asked Them How Many People Are Earning £50K Or More

HOLA441
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

To be fair similar can be true of the private sector. I'm continually astounded by the people (clients) who manage to waft from promotion to promotion timing the move just before the complete failure of their prestigeous project becomes known. Just in time for said project to get them an even bigger 6 figure salary.

Staying in one place focussing on doing a good job is NOT the preferred route nowadays. Style over substance is the modern mantra. IMO Bashing the public sector is just another way of hiding failings and avoiding being judged on competence. I prefer to bash the incompetent in both the public and private sector. (Admittedly its doesn't tend to be as popular a position to take. Too close to home for some perhaps. )

Quite often the renumeration in Local Govt for managing large front line services services can be relatively small with huge amounts of aggro.

For example I have just seen a Environmental Health Managers post advertised with a wide remit at my home local authority with a starting salary of £57K.

Knowing how much hassle the job would entail I wouldnt go for it for £100K.