House Price Crash Forum
exiges

Another Day, Another Resignation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12251456

The prime minister's communications chief Andy Coulson has resigned, blaming coverage of the News of the World phone hacking scandal.

Mr Coulson said coverage had "made it difficult for me to give the 110% needed in this role".

He faced pressure after claims about phone hacking while he was editor.

Mr Coulson quit as editor in 2007 saying he took ultimate responsibility for the scandal. He denied knowing phone hacking was taking place.

In a statement on Friday, he said it had been "a privilege and an honour to work for David Cameron for three-and-a-half years".

But he added: "Unfortunately, continued coverage of events connected to my old job at the News of the World has made it difficult for me to give the 110% needed in this role.

"I stand by what I've said about those events but when the spokesman needs a spokesman, it's time to move on."

Do Labour have more friends in the media than the ConDems?

The anti-Tory Coulson story is taking some of the spotlight off Bliar at the Iraq Inquiry. On the net BBC, Sky, Guardian, Independent are all headlining Coulson rather than Bliar.

A government non-entity resigns over something he did in a previous job headlining an Ex-PM who took us to war?

Wasn't Coulson doing a good enough job as Communications chief? Shouldn't he have contacts in the media who buried his story a little?

Do Labour have more friends in the media than the ConDems?

The anti-Tory Coulson story is taking some of the spotlight off Bliar at the Iraq Inquiry. On the net BBC, Sky, Guardian, Independent are all headlining Coulson rather than Bliar.

A government non-entity resigns over something he did in a previous job headlining an Ex-PM who took us to war?

Wasn't Coulson doing a good enough job as Communications chief? Shouldn't he have contacts in the media who buried his story a little?

Your bias is showing... they're both lying scum who performed illegal and immoral acts. Blair is trying to pretend the act wasn't illegal, Coulson is trying to pretend he wasn't involved. They both can go to hell.

Your bias is showing... they're both lying scum who performed illegal and immoral acts. Blair is trying to pretend the act wasn't illegal, Coulson is trying to pretend he wasn't involved. They both can go to hell.

My bias?

Please explain.

Glad he's gone.

Far from being a nonentity, Coulson is a Murdoch lackey, pushing the Sky/BSB/News International agenda to ensure influence within No.10.We can do without Fox News in this country, can't we?

We can do without Fox News in this country, can't we?

Well I for one would like a choice of something other than the middle-class urban leftist's point of view that we currently get from the broadcast media.

If the current lot are so perfect, surely they have nothing to fear ?