House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Prelim Mortgage Approvals

Clearly not good news for sellers relying on the spring bounce. I can see the market splitting in two this year with this news. 40% crash is my prediction and that will put me into negative equity, bring it on I say :D

The drop was from 45K to 40K, not from 48K.

Still a hefty fall though, and the lowest figure reported by the major banks since March 2009.

Edit: Pent Up beat me to it.

Edited by FreeTrader

Still a hefty fall though, and the lowest figure reported by the major banks since March 2009.

My Rightmove post codes are looking very encouraging this month too - the all time low asking prices are being breached for acceptible non shared ownership properties.

By 1 min :)

I think you copied me as you even used the work hefty :D

Credit to you though it was you who explained the difference last year.

Edited by Pent Up

we're slowly getting to the 1000K a day stage. and that's really low...

Which tells me the only thing keeping the market afloat is equity rich people with little/no mortgage required to move, to who prices are just numbers with no relation to the real world.

Provisional numbers from HMRC show seasonally-adjusted residential property transactions dipped slightly in December to 71,000. If recent experience is anything to go by, this figure will be revised downwards rather than upwards.

hmrctrans1210.gif

Provisional numbers from HMRC show seasonally-adjusted residential property transactions dipped slightly in December to 71,000. If recent experience is anything to go by, this figure will be revised downwards rather than upwards.

hmrctrans1210.gif

That clearly shows just how many sub-40k properties are changing hands and not appearing in the figures :lol: