House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Lll Last Night

Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer are in Manchester struggling to satisfy a perfectionist and his partner in their hunt for their first and second property purchases.

Timperly - they offered on a property that had another offer on, 273 and got told the sellers would move in their timetable and go into rented if they offered 275 (and remove from market ... so maybe no other offers?)

Anyway - the owners renage on the deal and wnat to move in September not march.

They show them a horrible one in Chimney Pot park in salford (up and coming yeah yeah) and the bloke falls in love with it... jokes "forget timperley" ...

Anyway they buy neither and he goes and works in Brussels....

So hahahah for the ones in timperly... who would have had a sale if they'd have moved quick!

Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer are in Manchester struggling to satisfy a perfectionist and his partner in their hunt for their first and second property purchases.

Timperly - they offered on a property that had another offer on, 273 and got told the sellers would move in their timetable and go into rented if they offered 275 (and remove from market ... so maybe no other offers?)

Anyway - the owners renage on the deal and wnat to move in September not march.

They show them a horrible one in Chimney Pot park in salford (up and coming yeah yeah) and the bloke falls in love with it... jokes "forget timperley" ...

Anyway they buy neither and he goes and works in Brussels....

So hahahah for the ones in timperly... who would have had a sale if they'd have moved quick!

Are they the 'upside down' ones, i.e. bedrooms on the ground floor? Can't understand the attraction of these - OK, you probably don't get too many heatwaves in Salford, but I'd hate never being able to open bedroom windows at night.

Are these new or repeats. Do you know the year it was filmed.

2010... they wanted to buy in the march as that was when his manchester job started I think.

But the timperley place changed their minds and didn't want to move til Sept.

They ended up renting in Brussels, Kirstie's first comment on the follow up..." a typical rental apartment" and "don't you worry about not putting down roots..." Amazingly Krust we cope.

I'm glad they ended up in Brussels as I sorely wanted to punch one of those queens, for giving gayers a bad name.

Didn't think much of Phil's investment properties. Were BTL landlords really snapping up these Manchester city centre apartments, and if so why are so many for sale?

Oh and how do they get these jobs? "Oh I was approached by an international organisation as a Director of Communications." Yeh right baby.

Edited by Sir John Steed

Didn't think much of Phil's investment properties. Were BTL landlords really snapping up these Manchester city centre apartments, and if so why are so many for sale?

At least the bloke was honest about the neon lights and orange/red plastic on balcony was gross.

Cant believe they increased their offer on the back of the promise to move out straight away, only to then wait.

I'm not a strong negotiator usually, but I can't believe how passive the house buyers are on these programs.

And South Manchester is more overpriced than I realised if this was only filmed in 2010.

I thought that. Given how the market is, and after promising to move into rented, they deserve to be stuck with it.

That is now two weeks in a row where 'Kirsty and Phils' bargaining skills have resulted in agreeing to pay the full asking price.

Do you think they get a back hander from the EA?

They ended up renting in Brussels, Kirstie's first comment on the follow up..." a typical rental apartment" and "don't you worry about not putting down roots..." Amazingly Krust we cope.

Krusty has to be careful to change position every few hours otherwise she needs to call in tree surgeons to remove her.

Do you think they get a back hander from the EA?

Imagine the impact if they offered 15% under asking and it was accepted, on national TV. It would upset an awful lot of people.

I caught the last 2 minutes of it. Anyone notice Krusty's comment when in the flat they weer staying in ?

"ah - typical rented flat"

Said as if it had a mortgage attached to it by these chumps - it would instantly become nicer !