House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jplevene

House Price Figures To Show Record Rise In 2011

In 2011, average Land Registry house prices will show a record rise in prices in 2011, however they also may also show a record crash as well...

1 Knightsbridge apartments selling from £60 million to £135 million each will really distort the land registry figures (see here).

Not enough flats are sold a month to be able to absorb the distortion these will have. There will be record price falls on Land Registry figures should a flat not sell in a quarter.

I doubt that Halifax or Nationwide figures will be effected, I can't see Sheik Ya Wallet getting a mortgage through Halifax or Nationwide.

I eagerly await the LR report for March 2011. Average UK property £600k. MoM +300%

Cue a flood of probates entering the market as thousands of Express readers keel over at the precise moment that their best wet-dream is realised. Shame.

And if they get no buyers, what happens to the prices?

Apparently they have already sold 3 of them.

These flats will really distort the figures, in both directions. It would be advisable for the Land Registry not to include them.