House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fairies Wear Boots

Interest Rate Rise Haters.

The older guy who sits next to me asked me and the BTL numpty who sits on the other side of him, why on earth are they planning interest rate rises. He was quite disgusted by the idea. He has a mortgage, tracker that's over 5 percent. He has also been complaining about the price of gasoline, and everything else going up and also about not getting much of a payrise.

I managed to reasonably calmly explain how his petrol and the price of food were going up steeply because of them slashing the base rate to near zero. Though it might have slightly sounded like I was going off on one. Because those two sitting there complaining that there MIGHT be interest rate rises, when I have some cash in the bank earning sweet FA and inflation at four pecent, made me want to violently harm someone.

Before the MPC meeting the other day the BBC reporter I heard on morning radio was using phrases like `Remain firm' and`resist pressure' concerning the holding down of rates. The implication was that the noble, brave members of the MPC were under pressure from evil enemies of civilisation to buckle and do the wrong thing i.e. to raise rates.

This is the message your colleagues will be hearing, and will want to hear.

What they won't hear is `the MPC should have raised rates months ago, but they are under political pressure to not do their job, and have given in to that pressure rather than remaining firm and ensuring inflation was controlled.'

Y

Just ask him whether he wants to lose his out because of crippling petrol and food prices or whether he wants to lose it through IR rises.

Because either way he's f*cked.

Just ask him whether he wants to lose his house because of crippling petrol and food prices or whether he wants to lose it through IR rises.

Because either way he's f*cked.

That, right there, Pretty much sums up the whole argument.

Until the wage inflation happens....................

Them's your apples!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I defy anyone to explain it more elegantly than that.

Inflation is now the trigger for exposing this fake economy for what it really is.

Talking to a neighbour - this year is not starting well - household goods. Not surprised, discretionary spending is getting canned across the board as the result of inflation in the basics.

That, right there, Pretty much sums up the whole argument.

Until the wage inflation happens....................

Them's your apples!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I defy anyone to explain it more elegantly than that.

As this is on anecdotal thread... I know of at least 5 people at work demanding pay rises / cars allowances etc. Some have strong cases (aka low pay and good skills) , some are just chancers.. If you don't ask, you don't get types.

Will be very interesting to see how the negotiations go. But alot of grumbling, about cost of living etc.

As this is on anecdotal thread... I know of at least 5 people at work demanding pay rises / cars allowances etc. Some have strong cases (aka low pay and good skills) , some are just chancers.. If you don't ask, you don't get types.

Will be very interesting to see how the negotiations go. But alot of grumbling, about cost of living etc.

Mrs Posh asked and got another 3% on top of her previously negotiated 2 year pay deal. So 8% in all this year.

Why should I pay you not to spend and improve everyone's prosperity?

Because :

1. without savings, there would be no lendings : fractional reserve system without reserve = bust.

2. Savings are funds for the banking system. They act as a stabilizer for the economy, hence the push to increase capital requirements from banks.

3. Prosperity based on ever increasing debt leads to bust, when the realization comes that the debt cannot be repaid unless something changes : the prosperity you are referring to is an illusion.